AFV information

Are there any tables out there which list the armor penetration of each gun, the type of gun & armor specifications for each AFV, etc.? It has been a long time since I played any of my older wargames which include this information.

It's not that I want to have a reference book that I can look at in the middle of each turn, but it would help to have a base of knowledge to draw from. I'm sure that similar information was gathered and distributed during the actual war...

Thanks!

-Scorp

To a certain extent that info is available in a panel on screen. With a unit highlighted and pressing Enter you will get the info screen that provides a lot of details on the unit, including brief penetration tables for the main weapon.

Of course the unit you want info on has to be on screen.

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 07-26-2000).]

Right, I have been able to see that, but with only the demo, I don't have access to a wealth of information.

Thank you! However, what I was really looking for was some sort of table or spreadsheet, maybe a document. Something that I could read over, and see that one AFV was better than another, or used for another purpose.

BTW, any idea how long it takes to get the game once you have ordered it?

Thanks!

-Scorp

Guest TURBO

Scorpion, once they started shiping the first batch it took six days for it to show up in my mail. I live in Ca. also and I'm sure that mine did not go out the first day so I would guess 5 days. When it does show up kiss your present life goodbye.

[This message has been edited by TURBO (edited 07-26-2000).]

I kind of missed something like the unit description in Steel Panthers, it's not a big deal but it could've been cool (specially for new people to the genre).

Actually when I think about it did really Steel Panthers have a very good description at all? Well I'm sure I saw it in a game somewhere in time.

[This message has been edited by howardb (edited 07-26-2000).]

Jeff Heidman and I both made up tables for the infantry units, and I suppose it is a race to see which one of us gets tables done for the other units.

The infantry tables were relatively easy to do and took maybe five or six hours to get everything looking nice.

An AFV database will take a bit longer because there are more AFVs with more information.

I have already completed a unit point cost chart for every unit as well as an availability chart and those took a REALLY LONG time to make.

Jason

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

I have already completed a unit point cost chart for every unit as well as an availability chart and those took a REALLY LONG time to make./B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent, now go and do it again. tongue.gif