Ai Versus Ai Gameplay Option-Will It Ever Be In a CM Patch?

All Steel Panthers games had this option, as do East Front 2 and West Front.

Whether it's used as one of the ways a person checks out a Scenario he's working on, or just used once in a while, as a neat way of watching how the Ai handles both sides of a battle, it can be interesting in either case.

Will it be in any of the upcoming Patches for CM, or is it at the bottom of the Request List?

I know I'm not the only person who has mentioned it.

I'm talking, of course, about Ai Versus Ai Only, without any humans.

Even as just an extra option, it would be nice.

You probably won't be surprised to hear that this question came up a long time ago (like a year ago). There weren't any plans then and there aren't any plans now for AI vs AI play. AFAIK, it isn't even on 'The List' of things to include.

Jason

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne:

I hope not. Nothing more boring than watching a computer play with itself.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you've never had the experience of getting to watch paint dry? wink.gif

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason why, our's is but to do and die!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne:

I hope not. Nothing more boring than watching a computer play with itself.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one would be forced to use the option of AI vs AI, but I , for one, would certainly appreciate such an option cool.gif. It is a good learning tool and fun to watch -moreso than watching paint dry... eek.gif

It also helps to make the AI deficiencies stand out, which is probably why they won't do it mad.gif

Henri

I'm fully in favor of it. If someone thinks it's boring, hey, it's just an option, you don't have to use it.

There are many things which speak in favor of such an option:

you could set up forces and see how they perform against each other without your subjective interference. If you do a hotseat game with yourself you will always subconsciously influence it and not play as if you didn't see the other side - unless you are schizo.

you could see it as a movie. to hell with the patriot, SPR and all the hollywood crap. here is a very authentic, hardcore-action only (no annoying plot or anything) movie.

it should be fairly easy to do. since the ai already computes the other side in a regular single player game, all that would have to be changed would be that he does it for both sides.

how about it as a screensaver option? ever ongoing batle with random reinforcements entering the map when force size has shrunk to a certain level for one side.

however, the bioggest benefit really would be to see how two forces would perform against each other based solely on the AI. fortunately CM's AI is so good that this is really an option, and I think BTS should make use of that with an AI vs AI option.

so, if you are against it, just don't use it, but don't negate those who have a positive interest in this their option to have it.

Actually, I would like to have an option of having the AI play against itself. It's an easy way to do early stage tests of homemade scenarios, and would have been a great help when playing large campaigns (aka. CMMC) where sometimes players can't make it for a period of time.

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason why, our's is but to do and die!