Newbie questions...

Downloaded the demo yesterday, played 1 mission, ordered the game. What can I say---great job! (Now all I have to do is wait while I replay the demo scenarios about a dozen times each.)

My questions:

1. When you select a several units and assign them a route can you assign waypoints (so far I've only been able to assign a single leg)?

2. In the actual game (not the demo) is there a campaign mode?

Again, great game!

------------------

A66

1st MRB

Hi Valdor, and welcome to the board!

question 1 : no, sorry, you can only assign 1 leg when you bandbox.

question 2 : Not per se, there is an "operations" mode where you fight several battles on the same (large) map. Depending on how you do, the front line is pushed back or forward for the next battle.

You've discovered a great game! Enjoy!

DeanCo--

To expand on deanco's answer to your question #2, the operations do not include a method for units to gain experience like many other games' campaigns. The ops typically only cover a few day's action and BTS has stated that gaining experience is something that ITHO, happens over a much longer period of time.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

Valdor,

This is a long-shot, but do I know you? I was involved in UE 98-1 from the UK side of things and spent a lot of time at JTASC.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, no frown.gif Recently retired (US Army armor officer) and now I'm a database manager for two tactical level simulations (Janus & JCATS) at one of the US Army's combat arms schools.

It's a hard job, playing computer games for a living, but somebody's got to do it wink.gif

------------------

A66

1st MRB

[This message has been edited by Valdor (edited 09-09-2000).]