Just a thought...

Would it be possible to add a rotate order to pillboxes that packed AT guns? I can't see the sherman I want him to kill, but it is doing the "pop over the hill, fire once and pop smoke" thing. I wish I could swing the gun over there and sit on him... might be unrealistic though - just a thought...

- Bill

This seems like a good idea to me. If you can rotate free standing AT guns and guns like that 150mm monstrosity, then you should be able to give a rotate to this direction order to an AT gun in the bunker. Of course the rotation would have to be restricted to within the firing arc allowed by the bunkers firing slit. Maybe this is why they didn't do it already?

Mikester out.

Maybe they could simply add the ambush option for a bunker, where the bunker sits still and targets one spot, waiting for the enemy to cross this place...

just my 2 cents...

-- Targetdrone

who doesn't want to draw attention ...

especially from guys with big guns ...

Guest Madmatt

Umm actually the maximum range of AMbush markers in NOT related to experience level but hard-coded at 300 meters. Dont think of it as a spot that the unit will suddenly engage (although it will do that too) but more of an area where you want a unit to hold its focus (for vehicles at least). In a battle last night I placed an ambush marker in the direction I know some US armor was approaching from. The marker was put at 256 meters but some M-10's popped up at over 500 meters away(along the same path as the ambush marker though). Since my Hetzzer was already looking in the same area he quickly engaged and destroyed the first M10 and the other pulled back quickly behind cover.

I use the Ambush marker with tanks and AT guns as a 'Keep an Eye on THIS direction' tool and not like I do with anti-tank and infantry teams where its more the traditional 'Attack when the enemy is at this point' usage.

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-06-2000).]

I have experenced some difficulty with Ambush markers as they seem to get ignored. Especially the bunkers. Could it be that they get spotted and fired on so they go ahead to defend themselves? Placed in woods I hope them to be hidden, but that may not be the case. I do not understand some of the limits on the distance for setting an ambush marker. That is not to question the rationale, but to simply say I don't understand. In another thread or two a call for standing orders was made. I have felt a wish for that as well, in this area and others. Basically, I do not care for work arounds; they may help, but they make a little break in the spell cast in "reality" and usually don't really work as well as an intentional provision in the system.

Oh, what a tangled web to weave in recreating electronic reality.