AAR's cause lockup

I’ve downloaded Riesburg AAR’s from CMHQ. I’ve ran the 1st 10 turns but when I click “Done” my machine locks up and I have to use control-alt-delete to end the task. and reload the game again. Sometimes even this doesn’t work and I have to reboot my machine. Has anybody experienced this or have any ideas how to fix it? confused.gif

Yes I get the Ding of Death every time (That’s a good way to put it). What is supposed to be the procedure? Just click “Done” and the game goes back to the start up screen and you load the next turn or does the game automatically go on to the next player turn?

The answer to your question is, "Both"

PBEM turn exchanges are kind of funky. There are three kinds of e-mails you can receive from your opponent (excepting setup):

1. A small file with just plotting orders

2. A large file with a movie

3. Another large file with a movie

Here is what you are supposed to do in response to these files:

1. Plot your orders, hit GO and generate turn, send turn to opponent (without watching it)

2. After you watch the movie, you will be given the order screen for next turn. Plot your moves and send the small order file to your opponent.

3. The other type of movie file is just a movie. All you do is watch ant return to your opponent. These are the movie files with the 'Ding of Death'.

In a PBEM game, you will cycle between steps 1-3 until the game ends. The current set-up is anti-cheating as it means that each player generates turns instead of all turns being generated on one machine where they could be potentially hacked.

Jason

I’m sorry, you misunderstand me. I’m currently playing an email game with no problems. It’s only the AAR’s from the Robert Hall and Jason McGrody’s Riesburg game that I’ve downloaded from CMHQ which lock things up. Are you following that game? It was the procedure of watching these movies I was wondering about.

Guest Robert Hall

Ted

I can confirm that my machine locked up upon completing many of the turns in this AAR as well as current pbem games I am playing. The way around this is as Jason suggests. The problem is a known driver problem on some machines in the beta demo which BTS say has been corrected a long time ago.

Robert