Is there a problem with panzerfausts in current beta patch?

I'm fixing to do some testing but I just had 5 infantry squads, all with panzerfausts (a couple still had 2), targeted a nearby sherman tank with all of them (all blue lines, one was dark blue). Result: not one panzerfaust was fired at the sherman, which was busy engaging a tank of mine a good deal further back from my infantry. My infantry was all crack, tank was green.

john

Were they in LOS? Hum never had that happan was just useing Beta b24 no panzershreck or panzerfust problems.

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 12-29-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StellarRat:

They work OK for me. However, the target has to be really close. They aren't very accurate and I couldn't blame the infantry for not revealing themselves unless they had a good chance of a hit. It's definately not a weapon you can count on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not agree completely

I usually use panzerfaust in an ambush of 20-50 meters. At this range they are just as accurate as Shrecks. Usually in an ambush I use 2 squads to a platoon or more and this has several squads using panzerfausts almost at the same time for great effectiveness against armor. I would even go as far as say that I take out as many tanks with Panzerfausts as Shrecks.

It is my understanding from reading the manual that the player doesn't have control over fausts. The TAC AI makes that decision whether to use them or not and being under any type of fire greatly reduces the chances of them being used. Unless something has changed concerning this I don't even bother targetting vehicles or armor to fire a faust.

Harold

They mention several times that it is frequently a BAD idea to give a specific target to an infantry squad, as the Tac AI reacts more quickly anyway.

I suspect your might have had MUCH better luck if you had done nothing. Do you have a saved game or autosave that might allow you to test that?

P.S. Ever seen an enemy panzerschreck team (green) set FIRE to the building they're in by missing the target they TRIED to hit?

*FOOOOSH*

"AH!! RUN!"

I couldn't stop laughing... smile.gif