Editor Questions

In the editor will you be able to add casualties to units? This would be perfect for hold the line scenarios or ambushing missions where your ambushing a column coming to reinforce a shotup battalion. Another question, will you be able to pre plan bombardment missions a la steel panthers?

------------------

The names Ash, Housewares

Ash, i don't think there is any way to model a unit that is shot up. The closest you can come is to start them with half-squads(assume the other half has been destroyed). As for pre bombardment... When making the map, I'm assuming that you can place rubble tiles to show this,and set up units in start zones that would match the situation. CM I think starts the battle with the assumption that "softing up" has already taken place. So its up to the scenario designer to represent this.

Just my .02 worth

Lorak

------------------

-------------------------

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. Without my rifle I am useless. Without me, my rifle is useless...

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Guest Big Time Software

Lorak is correct. We will add pre game casualty capability, but most likely not for 1.0. Artillery missions on the scale of something like Steel Panthers is out of CM's scope and is therefore not an option.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Howard, yes it is a decent work around. But we really would like to go one step further. And will, at some point.

Steve

Can depleted squads combine into a

single squad (kinda like forming a

Kampfgruppe I suppose). It would make

sense though if you had 3 men in one squad

left to combine with 2 men left in another

squad.

Guest Big Time Software

Coe, this actually does happen automatically inbetween battles in an Operation, but it doesn't happen during a battle. A full unit simulates a cohesive unit. Cohesion does not come during the heat of battle when shattered scraps are tossed together, so it would be wrong to combine units during a battle.

Steve