? Re: Gold demo

Good morning all,

I have a request re: the gold demo but i first need a few things clarified. Please correct me if i'm wrong on these.

1) The gold demo will be availible for downloading from the BTS site (same as the beta)

2) it will be availible to anyone regardless of whether they have pre-ordered or not

I know #1 rates a "DUH" for a response but if you read my follow-up post (my request) you will understand why i need the clarification.

Thanx in advance.

Ok,

Now for the request.

In my first post on this site i described my problems downloading CE. Nothing seemed to work. Guachi was kind enough (thanx again!) to e-mail me the scenario. That worked but did not address the original problem. I know i will encounter DL difficulties with the gold demo.

So, If someone could be so kind as to e-mail me the gold demo when it comes out i will be your friend for life. I know it's release is a ways away. Just post on this thread and let me know you'll help me out.

Thanx guys!

BlackSabot,

Do you mean the PC version of the Beta demo? As the fellow Mac user and Scots net sailor I am, I promessed to reply to any distress call from other fellow sailors with all speed. But it turns out that I was going to download the Mac version only... Anyway, if I have ADSL installed by then (it's supposed to be installed in about two weeks) it will be a pleasure to download the PC version and e-mail it to you. You can count on me for that.

reverendo@mac.com

Reverend Mr.Black

Guest Big Time Software

Black Sabot... you were able to download the demo itself, correct? You just had trouble with the one tiny scenario, correct? I wouldn't assume that you will have problems when we post the Gold Demo. I still don't know why you had problems as we compressed them using the same methods and the same programs. Oh well, that's computers for you smile.gif

Steve

Steve,

I never DL the original 2 scenario demo from BTS. Instead i snagged it off of PC Gameworld.com and it went thru w/o a problem. I just now tried to DL the extra scenario and got the same error message:

Internet Explorer cannot open ftp://ftp.battlefront.com/pub/demos/cm_ce.zip.

BTW i also get the same error message when i try to DL Tac-ops. Since the gold will be similar to the beta in DL format then i can only assume difficulties. Does the error message reveal anything to you that might cause this problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Black Sabot:

I never DL the original 2 scenario demo from BTS. Instead i snagged it off of PC Gameworld.com and it went thru w/o a problem. I just now tried to DL the extra scenario and got the same error message:

Internet Explorer cannot open ftp://ftp.battlefront.com/pub/demos/cm_ce.zip.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you running some sort of intermediary program between you and Explorer that uses a 'localhost' proxy server, e.g., WebWasher or SpamTrap? These can have issues with ftp. Try disabling your proxy server and see if that works.

HTH,

Ethan

------------------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe