Is patience a virtue?...all patient guys please post here!

Ciao Roberto!

Well, I'm also waiting for the full version to continue PBEM with you.

Preordered in January, my copy shipped on 06/23, and I'm still waiting.

Last shippings, I think, were by UPS and arrive in only a few days.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knaust:

Well...I ordered my CM copy last December and still I haven't got it! mad.gif

A kiwi ordered it last August and still he hasn't it! eek.gif

I'm gonna say...nooooo...patience is in no way a virtue!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hold on Roby!

We shall wait until Wednesday and after:

e-mail to BTS.

Charles is a friend.

Believe me. :)

Tony.

Guest herbjorn

Well, I ordered mine 15. june or so. Contacted BTS on 8. july. They told me there had been a mixup and such. My copy had yet to ship!!! Hopefully, it is at least on its way. by now.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by herbjorn:

Well, I ordered mine 15. june or so. Contacted BTS on 8. july. They told me there had been a mixup and such. My copy had yet to ship!!! Hopefully, it is at least on its way. by now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got caught in the same mixup... Charles emailed me and apologized, confirmed that it went out July 12th... should be here this week sometime. (and I'm in Canada, so I've got an extra strike against me anyway!)

It is comforting to see I'm not alone. (the Any CM in Canada thread has pretty much dried up, so I'm guessing I'm the last Canuck without CM from the June orders... some honour, eh?)

smile.gif

I'm right there with you all. Pre-ordered in Late APR or early May, shippings errors on the 19th of June hit me along with others. Contacted BTS around the 28th/29th of June about not recieving it and they confirmed my fears and shipped my order on the 5th of July. Good deal right? smile.gif Wrong, still nothing. frown.gif Contacted BTS again to confirm shipment date and shipping address again today.

My real patience killer is that I am recieving other packages I ordered from all over the place such as one that left Texas on the 11th of July and arrived today, and another that left Kansas on the 10th of July that arrived today also.

I know they are working to fix the problems with the Shipping Department, and that two people alone can't do everything, but these issues with the Shipping Department leaves a lot to be desired eh?

Oh well. Misery loves company and at least I am not alone. We band of brothers. biggrin.gif

"Together we stand! Devided we........Guys? Guys?? Now where the hell they run off to!?"

Guest herbjorn

Well, I think BTS should have done a better job with the distribution network. Doesn`t help if you have a great game but are unable to distribute it. Since they won`t release sales figures, it all comes down to speculation on my part, but seeing as even the first batch of CDs weren`t enough to satisfy the initial pre-orders, their strategic planning dep. could use some new heads tongue.gif

I've done a fair bit of research into the whole small company ecommerce situation and, with all due respect, Battlefront is in the same boat with a lot of other mini-publishers. My bet is that there isn't a huge staff here who have found the right system to use for fulfillment. Amazon has invested kajillions into fulfillment and I bet has made missteps that have cost millions. Yet, ecommerce is supposed to be the boon of small operations.

I very much hope that it does work out for Battlefront, not just for the sake of receiving my own copy of Combat Mission but for the sake of small businesses everywhere.

Here was my experience.. I live in Kalamazoo Michigan..

Ordered by internet with mastercard before noon on the 12 of july.. Charge appeared on credit card on the 14th. Package arrived in a USPS priority mail envelope with a CD in a mylar envelope shrinkwrapped in the manual.. It nicely fit in my mailbox on monday the 7th..

Something to add This was version 1.02 of the software. so dont go patching it with 1.01..

On another depressing note... CBC radio just announced the crash of a small, mail carrying aircraft (a Gulfstream I believe) crashed in Maine.

Sure as hell, my overdue copy was on it.

Hmmm... maybe I'll load up the Beta demo again... just to have a different battle to fight.