I HATE THE SAVE FUNCTION!!!

I just spent 6 hours making a scenario and when i was playtesting it i happened to press Alt+s and save it with the same name... now i will never be able to re-create the scenario again!!!! I AM P*SSED OFF!!!!

that was a really great scenario too!!

SOD!!!!!!!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

BTS can do nothing about it... it is now officialy a save game... savegames can not be changed...

im SLIGHTLY pissed...

oops... i didnt censor that cussword... oh to hell with it... oh no i did it again!

------------------

Sorry..but I do not understand the problem.

When you did create the scenario, you have obviously saved it in the "scenario folder" with a .cmb extension, no ? (otherwise you are not able to pick it up from the "menu")

If you've accidentally saved the testgame with the same name, it's automatically saved in the "saved games" folder.

However, when it has the same name...it 's still stored in another folder, so you can retrieve the original from the "scenario folder".

Am I am missing something ?

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

[This message has been edited by McAuliffe (edited 10-15-2000).]

The default folder for saving a user created scenario is in the saved games folder...

i usually try to save it in the scenario folder but more often than not im either just too lazy to go through all the trouble or i just plain forget.

------------------

I sympathize to the original poster. I did exactly the same thing he did. As a result, I didn't create a scenario for two months!

But I just got back into it. Check out my newest:

http://www3.telus.net/pop_n_fresh/combatmiss/index.htm

ZENTROPA RAILYARDS

Type: Remnants of German army group seek to escape across a dam before strong American force closes in.

Short Description

German commander seeks to usher a ragtag formation through the railhead town of Martinsburg and across a dam while defending against a strong American vanguard. The American commander must try and cut off the German column as it trickles into Martinsburg, taking the town and ensuring that this German force does not escape to rejoin the retreating Wehrmacht.

Zentropa Railyards has a combination of water and urban terrain but also features long firelanes along the Zentropa railway company tracks which promises quick exchanges of fire and renewed action with each reinforcement. Both sides feed into the town in phased reinforcements to simulate two opposing columns seeking to filter through or take positions in time for the balance of their forces to arrive.

AThe American situation is fairly straightforward. If they take the Martinsburg's key approaches, they can probably destroy each German force as it appears in the north. The American also has the option of sending a blocking force across a small bridge below the dam in a bid to catch any forces who succeed in fleeing across the dam.

The German commander is in a more difficult position. The Heer force is not cohesive and each force that comes into the town's northern approaches is a patchwork unit. There is a small force in partial possession of the town but it can probably only act as a spoiler vs the increasingly heavy American arrivals. The German commander must decide which forces will attempt to slow the American assault and which forces have a chance of fleeing across the dam and escape to the northwest.

Time

50 moves.

------------------

---

I am Legend