More German Units In TacOps4

As a penance for the botched 405AN and 405AO updates I added five more German items to the TacOps4 data base via the 405AP patch.

GM APC Boxer Infantry Section Carrier. Currently in development for a 2007 initial operational capability.

GM FSCV Marder FO. Provides an artillery fire direction bonus.

GM AAA SP Gepard.

GM SAMV Gepard Stinger. Old faithful Gepard updated with two Stinger launchers kludged onto the base of each of its two 35mm auto cannons. Currently in development . I could not find the date goal for initial operational capability.

GM SAMV Marder Roland. Has Roland SAM launcher turret instead of the auto cannon turret.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear MajorH,

I've been playing around a bit with the German units last week, and noticed that in TacOps a Marder with a Milan team on board obviously can’t use the Milan while the team is loaded.

In reality however, the Milan launcher can be mounted on the commanders hatch and is then operated by the tank commander.

I noticed in the “Bring in the brits” thread, that you consider the Milan to be too delicate a system to be moved around mounted on a vehicle. I can agree with this, but the launcher can be mounted quite fast once the vehicle has stopped (or moves slowly/on smooth terrain).

The procedure is as follows:

Open commanders hatch and hatch in troop compartment behind commanders hatch.

Guy in troop compartment hands launcher to commander.

Commander mounts launcher.

Guy in troop compartment hands missile to commander, closes hatch.

Commander loads missile and is ready to fire.

This might sound a bit awkward, but I have seen it done in about 10..15 seconds.

(OK, this was for a show, so in real life it might take a little bit longer. ;) )

So I would like the Marders in TacOps to be able to fire a Milan if a Milan team is on board, potentially only after being stationary for a certain amount of time.

p.s.: Yes I know that I’m asking for much (esp. the delayed readiness), so I could understand if this request would end up way down on the bottom of the wish list. But it would be nice, if you could implement this behaviour in some future version.

[ July 19, 2004, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Lutz ]