ATTENTION CM MOD-MAKERS: Chance for added publicity/notoriety (even you, Madmatt)

This just in from Bob Mayer of the Computer Games online site (www.cdmag.com).

"..we'd love to have a full-up feature on Combat Mission mods for the website. We'd be looking for someone who could survey the different types of mods out there, categorize them by type, give examples with screenshots, etc., recommend which ones to use and how to get them, etc."

He asked for someone to help pull this together, and sure enough, in a typical fit of stupidity, I stepped forward.

I've been doing a preliminary CM forum survey and a review of the CM Webring to help point out websites where people have been posting mods. Even so, it's quite likely that I'll miss mentioning of someone's CM modwork here & there. So if you want to highlight a site for me to check out in regards to the CGO survey for CM mods, feel free to e-mail me at durkineb@erinet.com.

And while I'm sure you feel plenty notorious already, Madmatt, it's the same for you as the others: any of you can e-mail me your concerns or issues on how your CM mods may be referenced in the CGO article.

Guest Madmatt

My only concerns are two fold.

#1 It's Madmatt! Not MADDMATT or MADMATT or Mad Matt or mad matt or madest mattest or MaD MaTt. Madmatt.

#2 They are called Mad-Dog Mod Packs. The Mad is for Madmatt and the Dog is for Kwazydog. So there. Anytime either has been mentioned in print (and trust me, it's happend many times!) they manage to screwup one or the other if not both.

Thanks.

Let me know if you would like a "History of Mods" as I was there from the start... biggrin.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Oh, definitely on the MDMP's, given their scope & team effort, some historical commentary from you would be good; and how CM HQ mushroomed from its humble beginnings into its titan status now. I'll follow up on that soon.

I'd better check with Bob M on how long he's giving me to work this. (Hey Bob! Do web links with "dimples" count? biggrin.gif )

I'm aware of CoolColJ's site, blitz, and I think he's a first-rate graphics artist on a personal level.

But I believe that BTS & CoolColJ are still at odds over CoolColJ's earlier actions, so I choose to defer to BTS's wishes in this matter (which would probably be for CoolColJ's site & work NOT to be referenced).

Guest Madmatt

We have no official wish either way on this matter nor is our opinion really relevant.

I would say that any honest record of Combat Mission Mods would not be complete without mention and credit given to Colin. His mod for the demo was the very first and as such whole heartedly deserves attention and acknowledgement.

Colins work has always been first rate and if sometime in the future he wishes to re-enter the Mod Community he will be welcomed.

In my last chat with him about a month or so ago he told me that he was now very involved in a commerical product (I think it was with Team Fortress II, perhaps.) and was very busy and excited about it.

We wish him all the best.

Madmatt

I'll confirm it later with Steve, but if BTS doesn't feel bothered with a reference to CoolColJ, then sure, he'll get mentioned. And strictly speaking, yes, the opinion of BTS on what gets published in this article may not be "relevant", but I prefer not to blindside BTS either.

Just remember the rest of us (especially Tiger) or we'll have to repaint all your panzers pink biggrin.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"