Very ON TOPIC : CM Scenarios

I know CMHQ have a scenario depot - are there any plans to rate the scenarios available for down load at this site - ie. will they have to meet a certain standard to be available for download ????

As DYO scenarios will feature heavily in the coming months are the any plans to orchestrate this so as to avoid scenario duplication. :confused

I don't mean to appear too pendantic but SP was really great as there were hundreds of well designed scenarios available for download - although some of these were quite similar owing to the nautre of the scanario designer. Given the scope of the CM editor and what I have seen in the POTD's to date then anything appears possible - it would be a shame if everyone wants to design a pegasus bridge. biggrin.gif

Here is a quick suggestion on scenarios, and 'ratings' -

I have been investigating purchasing ASL for the last few weeks (lets not go there smile.gif), and one thing I stumbled across I thought would mesh in really nicely with CM - There was a website that tracked the winners (Allies or Axis) for scenarios. After the sampling got large enough (30-50 games reported), you could see a trend develop on which side in the battle had the advantage. The most 'balanced' scenarios were roughly 50-50 allies/axis in the W column, etc. I think this would be a great thing to track for CM, also. Thoughts?

I don't think there's anything wrong with a number of scenarios on the same topic. Some will be good, some will be bad, some historical etc... A rating system would help sort things out. The scenario designer would rate it for size/complexity as well as historical-ness, and people could give it the number of stars they think it deserves.

Well, as we are to speak about scenarios, I suggested a while ago to create a sub-section on CMHQ called "scenario in progress". It would list all the scenarios beeing made, show which help would be needed, and prevent something from beeing done twice.

Of course it's only intented to historical scenarios, for which gathering knowledge would be really useful : the scenario designer might miss the OB, or the map, yet someone going through CMHQ might see it and provide the required informations.

Regards,

Magnus

Magnus;

"Well, as we are to speak about scenarios, I suggested a while ago to create a sub-section on CMHQ called "scenario in progress". It would list all the scenarios beeing made, show which help would be needed, and prevent something from beeing done twice."

Still a great suggestion

G-D