O/T Theban Sacred Band

Sorry I didn't search... And here I thought I had a sufficiently esoteric topic. :0

My new (And first) qoute, which was originally unattributed due to my overwhelming incompetence:

You wouldn't know the dust of Thermopylae if it came up to you, handed you a business card reading "Dust of Thermopylae, 480 B.C.E.", then kicked you in the shins.

-Hakko Ichiu

[This message has been edited by Elijah Meeks (edited 08-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

My new (And first) qoute:

You wouldn't know the dust of Thermopylae if it came up to you, handed you a business card reading "Dust of Thermopylae, 480 B.C.E.", then kicked you in the shins.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're welcome.

[This message has been edited by Hakko Ichiu (edited 08-25-2000).]

I knew it, I just knew it, the minute I saw that stupid quote I knew that Eathan/PDHX would be sitting up, preening himself and basking in the glory of the fact that someone ... anyone (no offense Elija) would have remembered his moment in the sun. I almost posted a warning not to encourage him, but decided to wait and hope for the best. Futile hope, he sniffs out references that even tangentially deal with him like a ferret sniffing out a dead prarie dog. Hmmmm, ferrets eat prarie dogs ... wonder how they would like ... HAMSTER! Bwahahahaha!

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>One of Mr. Shaw's early comeuppances.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You forgot to insert "and extremely rare" after "early". No problem, I know you've been under a lot of strain lately. Eathan is a sad case under any circumstance, but the torture he's been subjected to by PDHX is truly horrific ... I understand he's been made to read ALL of Germanboys posts.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Eathan is a sad case under any circumstance, but the torture he's been subjected to by PDHX is truly horrific ... I understand he's been made to read ALL of Germanboys posts.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More calumnies. We are Hamsters, not barbarians.

Professor Doktor Hamster X

This, I take it, is a subtle hint to read the cesspool on a more regular basis, eh? Boy, you people freak me out. A lot.

------------------

-Hakko Ichiu

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THumpre:

Good pic but the tails too long, how 'bout that for grognian pickiness!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong, this is our new secret weapon: the Hamstertruppen MkXII Langschwanz (Ausf. QED). And they have enhanced penetration ability too.

Take a good look at it all you FLH shaving-chewers. It may be the last thing you see.

Professor Doktor Hamster X

Generalissimo and President-for-Life

Hamster Liberation Front

1-800-HAMSTER

Hakko Ichiu wrote:

> And they have enhanced penetration ability too.

Ummm... exactly what does that mean in the context of Hamsters?

On second thoughts, never mind. I don't want to hear about the depravity rife within the echelons of the HLF.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Boy, you people freak me out. A lot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[old timer's voice accompanying 1000 meter stare]

Yes, playing Combat Mission hour after hour, week after week does...things...to you.

[shakes head slowly]

Ain't no words can tell...

[bring up eerie wind on soundtrack and fade]

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von Lucke:

Look at the mess you've tracked all over my nice clean BBS!

The lot of you --- back to the Cesspool!

But not before you mop up after yourselves!

(Makes mental note to check the airlock seals on the other thread...).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Herr von Lucke is right, back where you belong, the lot of you! Left, right, left right (okay, Shaw, as usual from you we're seeing left, left, left, right, right, left again in a funny way, then right, right, right, left, quick left, then slow dragging right. Stop it, march like the others). Sorry, von Lucke, I'll get the hose.

And Aitkin, you loon, that's not by any stretch of the imagination a 'hamster' that's a Brown Norway Rat (Rattus Norvegicus). Gods know what else you've been cuddling up to, you vermin hugging freak.

Sorry, they all just feel really at home in anything approaching an off-topic post.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

One of Mr. Shaw's early comeuppanceEathan is a sad case under any circumstance, but the torture he's been subjected to by PDHX is truly horrific ... I understand he's been made to read ALL of Germanboys posts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe, where I am from, that is what they call 'education'. I believe in the mid-west that is synonymous with torture, and best thought of as something to be avoided at almost all costs (short of marrying your cousin, but we won't go there), and you are the living proof of my theory. Now go back to die (in Son, I mean, where your troopers have been very good at it).

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 08-27-2000).]