Army Handbooks

Thanks to the wonder of e-commerce, I've picked up the Red Army, British Army and Red Army handbooks. Nothing like cracking open a fine new book. Both are just chock full of great info, and should help fill up some of this vacant space my brain. I'll post my impressions after I've read them.

Rob

PS At least now if I lay an egg in the CM Meta-Campaign it will be the result of my ineptitude rather than my ignorance. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott C:

Hey Rob, did you really pick up BOTH the Red Army AND the Red Army handbooks? wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, maybe not. rolleyes.gif It was the Red, British and U.S. I'm just so excited about the Russians that I named that twice.

Rob (needs to work on finding the elusive neurological connection between his brain and his fingers)

Believe it or not, I got it from Barnes & Noble online. www.bn.com

I didn't realize that there was a German handbook (in addition to the U.S published 1944 version, which I already have), so I'll probably go and get that one as well. biggrin.gif

Rob

PS Oh yeah, The Red Army Handbook is most definitely in English, but that doesn't make their odd nomenclature any easier to decipher.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Deych:

Could you give us ISBNs for all those, please?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

British: 0-7509-1403-3

U.S.: 0-7509-2050-5

I don't have the Soviet book with me. I'll make a note to post it tomorrow.

Rob

Thanks Blindicide. For those of you playing the CMMC, there are sample written orders in the appendix of the U.S. edition. Could be helpful. I finished the U.S. last night, and it was somewhat dry but very interesting. There are a ton of great photos, but the weapons info. is somewhat thing. It is well complemented by the Encyclopedia of Weapons of WW II if you have that.

The useful point which I drew from the book were explanations of the logistic and organizational structures. Sounds a bit boring, but I found it quite interesting and useful.

Rob