Typo page 108 of the manual...Please help explain to my opponent

Abbott

On page 108 of the CM manual under quality it says "Medium setting" “only green or regular troops can be purchased”. While in fact regular and veteran troops are all that can be purchased.

I recently fought a 700 point quick battle where the computer picked the forces automatically. I, the allies had veteran troops. My opponent had regular troops. I have been accused of cheating regardless of all explanations I have offered. Would the forum kindly help explain this to my opponent, as it seems my explanations are un-acceptable to him. Even the fact that when the computer picks the forces automatically and gives you veterans, you get less then when it chooses regulars for you. I also explained that neither player has any control over quality or dispositions of the troops the computer picks automatically. I also asked him to load a QB himself and check what levels of troops are available when the medium option is checked.

Thank you for your help.

[This message has been edited by Abbott (edited 09-12-2000).]

I don't have the manual in front of me, but I'll take your word regarding the typo.

AFAIK, you're right on the money with your understanding (and explanations) of how things work.

For my money, anybody who accuses you of cheating when the computer picks the forces isn't worth the bother. If you're interested in a game, I could use another, drop me a line (bill@bonkhead.com).

--Bill