CM2 Design etc please read Designers

When making the new CM2 ie Rusain Front etc please dont make seperate games out of em. ie making a newer games with better graphics and different ways of doing things might be good but what we really want is more different kinds of units for the CM original . I feel the game should be made the same as the first save for some ai tweaking etc and new units

Too many companies basically make totally different games and instead of making an addon with something we want ie Russain Units and they make something so new and different.

That on most occasions usually makes a game that sucks.

CM is one of the best games i have ever played and one that leaves me truly satisfied after playing it and id hate to see a good thing go astray.

U should strive to make a better game as well but dont make it too different and remember many of us want a Russain front.

Also why was it not started from 39?

Was it to keep bugs etc low?

Thanks for making the best game of 2000.

Cpt. Stransky

Prussian Aristocrat

=============================================

"We are Attacking, We are Defending, We are Counter Attacking".

=============================================

You are speaking the words of wisdom here!

It would be more satisfying to see this game beign developed in incremental stages. So that eventually CM would cover the entire WWII era (1939-1945) with the up to date graphics, sounds, etc.

Steel Panthers is a bad example of not beign able to stick and develop a solid desing concept.

There are major coding changes necessary for CM2 (from what I recall Steve mentioning months ago). The idea isn't to make the game completely different. There's probably a better than good chance that the interface will remain the same. However a lot of the details of warfare on the Ost Front will require a number of changes in the way CM does things (code-wise and display-wise).

How different it is going to be from CMBO is only something that Charles and Steve know (and even then they'll be open to rational opinions on inclusions and changes). CM is a work in progress and changes are inevitable. BTS has mentioned that they will try to make the changes backward compatible (not really the correct term here) so that you could possibly update your CM1 to a CM2 standard. There will undoubtably be caveats regarding this, but this is what they would like to do.

I understand the principles.

Eastern front has for example lot more data (weapons, troops, nations) than the west. (Thank the Germans who invented tons of weapon and AFV variants... wink.gif

Battles tented also be bigger with greater number of troops. (Good old Russians with their doctrines... wink.gif