T-8's and the cost of .50 cals

Just out of curiosity, with the effectiveness of the .50 calibre HMG as high as it is, why do certain vehicles which mount the .50 cal (especially the T-8 and Jeep MG) cost less than purchasing a .50 cal HMG team?

Those little buggers are extremely nasty under the right guidance, and they can also transport troops.

-Scorp

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

The T8 has only like 20 rds. The .50 cal teams have like over 100 rds. Jeep MG has only 25 rds. Thank GOD they are not as vicious as they were in 1.03.

Also, while less mobile .50 cal teams are much more rugged than a jeep. I love it when I take out a jeep (or just the crew) and it keeps careening forward for a few seconds.

------------------

"You know our standing orders. Out of ammo become a bunker, out of commission become a pillbox, out of time... become heroes." - The Beast

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

The T8 has only like 20 rds. The .50 cal teams have like over 100 rds. Jeep MG has only 25 rds. Thank GOD they are not as vicious as they were in 1.03.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought .50 cal teams had only 40 rds of ammo? What's the price differences?

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

I'm more adamant about the T-8 than I am the Jeep - the Jeep seems to die easy. The T-8, however, is somewhat more durable. I had an opponent take 10+ T-8's, load them up with infantry, and run them at me...I resisted the assault, but I can see this being very nasty under the right circumstances.

-Scorp

While we're here, what about the price for M3A1/M5A1 HTs? If long-range .50 cals are your cup 'o tea, they are a steal at only 42 points for the 250rounds of ammo! (not to mention an extra .30cal and ability to carry full squads)

------------------

-Dudley Do-right

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IntelWeenie:

While we're here, what about the price for M3A1/M5A1 HTs? If long-range .50 cals are your cup 'o tea, they are a steal at only 42 points for the 250rounds of ammo!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I kind of like them, but they are quite vulnerable.

No bargain there.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scorpion:

I'm more adamant about the T-8 than I am the Jeep - the Jeep seems to die easy. The T-8, however, is somewhat more durable. I had an opponent take 10+ T-8's, load them up with infantry, and run them at me...I resisted the assault, but I can see this being very nasty under the right circumstances.

-Scorp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds a bit gamey to me.

Does the M5A1 0.50 have the same firepower as the 0.50 weps team? If so, then 600% more ammo for 66% more cost seems very nice except you cannot hide a track in a building smile.gif. Conversely, IIRC, there was some discussion earlier about the German HMG42s on different platforms and their different firepowers - something to do with the way they were mounted maybe. So maybe they don't have the same firepower.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juardis:

Does the M5A1 0.50 have the same firepower as the 0.50 weps team? If so, then 600% more ammo for 66% more cost seems very nice except you cannot hide a track in a building smile.gif. Conversely, IIRC, there was some discussion earlier about the German HMG42s on different platforms and their different firepowers - something to do with the way they were mounted maybe. So maybe they don't have the same firepower.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know there's a big difference in the effectiveness of the remote-controlled MG42s (Hetzer, late StuGs). I don't know if the FP is lower, but the range is a lot shorter.

------------------

-Dudley Do-right