Are all minefields German?

Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but it is difficult to stay abreast of every topic.

This is minor (no pun intended), but got me wondering: why are all minefields marked as such in German? Would Allied forces mark their mine fields in some Allied language?

Just a thought. After all, to paraphrase the Bard, "A mine by any other name.....still goes Kaboom!" :)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Fauster:

This is minor (no pun intended), but got me wondering: why are all minefields marked as such in German? Would Allied forces mark their mine fields in some Allied language?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Achtung! Meinen!" just sounds cooler auf Deutch than it does in Engligh.... smile.gif

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

All minefields are German. Generally they come from Southern Germany but don't like the whole lederhosen thing.

The Minefield family fragmented just prior to the US Civil war with Hans and Grettel serving on different sides during that war.

During World Wars I and II the Soviet, Germanic, Italian, American and English branches of the Herr Minenfield family all saw extensive combat.

Generally though the Herr Minefield family was most comfortable with German in natural discourse and so marked its position in German worldwide.

Hans had a particularly good war on the Soviet front with all the Penal Bns which entered his positions as human Minenfield detectors.

Von Fauster.. You're right of course.. I think that what you pointed out must just be an oversight. Not exactly a major one though but still an oversight wink.gif.

Well, it's my b/day so I'm in a relatively good mood ( which is probably why I've been getting all sarcastic and cracking jokes in the past few days... which has been universally misinterpreted by all the NWAs ( newbies with attitude wink.gif ) ).

Hund Minen is actually the family bitch.. umm I meant PET wink.gif.

Von Fauster,

The KEY when dealing with members of the Minenfield family is to make sure to address them respectfully and NEVER touch them. If you do you will DEFINITELY "go to pieces" so to speak.

cool Fionn.

It's my birthday too.

Of course I'm only a young 32 today.

and still an idiot... I might grow out of that stage in a decade or 8.

That and being born on 7/19 makes me a cancerous growth on society.. but its a living.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 07-19-2000).]

It is a known fact that the minefields have long been associated with wars and discontent. It is for this reason that a small group of them moved to the new world and even changed their name to something plesant the "Hatfields". They tried to live in peace in a remote section of mountains, but to no avail. Another family from Europe the McCoys happened to run across the Hatfields and recognized the family name. Sadly a war, a war they tried in vain to avoid, broke out.

Lucky for us in america. The hatfields were small and isolated, unlike the minefields in Europe, where their close poximity to each other often caused widespread death and distruction.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring