OT Steel Panthers

Im sorry BTS for this OT thread. Please fogive me but I cant find answers to this anywhere.

What IS sp? A hex-based game? Tactical? Strategic? Grand strategy?...could someone take the time to explain what kind of game this is?

Thanks in advance

VS

Hey VS smile.gif

Yes steel panthers is hexbased they can be toggled off tho I do believe smile.gif

The first one is an excellent game for its time and I played it alot - but didnt cre for the later editions.

SPWOW looks alot more along the lines of the first one with a major overhaul smile.gif

I will download it and check it out eek.gif

BTW its probably similar in scale to Close COMBAT maybe a bit larger :P

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 04-23-2000).]

Steel Panthers: Word At War

-turn based

-squad level/individual vehicle/gun

-approx. 10 minutes per turn

-50 m per hex

-1930-1949

-most if not all of the major nations in WW2(Germany, Russia, Britan, Japan, US), plus minor powers

-Win32 based executable

-Igo Ugo system

-pbem'able

-2 player internetable

The program is free and will be available as a download and on several gaming mag demo CD's. It will NOT require ownership of any other Steel Panthers game to play.

The caveat is the HUGE size of the download. I'm guessing at least 300 Mb frown.gif

5m

Hey VON shrad.

I have SP III Brigade command.

I will send it to you, just give me your shipping address.

I can't get the game to work with my system.

If you like it, keep it.

If you would like to trade for one of your war games, then just send it to me after you get my SPIII CD.

See my profile for e-mail if your interested.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

DEF,

Thanks, I might just take you up on that...the only problem is I only have a couple of wargames(my first comp.).... They are CC2, CC3, and axis and allies.. other games are falcon 4.0, Shadow company, Kingpin(a nasty quake style shooter with enough foul language to keep any sailor happy), Fighting Steel. Any that you might be intrested in?

All my wargames are all boardgames. Cant let them go. I need to keep those so my grandchildren can have something to laugh at me for ever owning( wich is a long ways away) heck, I have most of my boardgames duplicated and still in wrappers! My wife just loves looking at a bookcase full of un-opened games aka, money.

[This message has been edited by von shrad (edited 04-24-2000).]

Hmmm.

Lets shoot for axis and allies.

Sound cool.

I dont think SPIII is comparible to the likes of CC2 or CC3. Although more detailed, SP III is not nearly as fancy or flashy.

Send me an E-MAIL with your ship address bro.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS_PanzerLeader:

Lol actually I like alot of vegetables that most people hate :P

Brussel Sprouts

Hehe sorry O/T

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 04-24-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, you are one sick puppy smile.gif

Actually, I like SP2. Provides a nice change of pace from CC2 or TacOps. It is an IGOUGO system, and yes, it is hex-based, but the hexes do work out well in the game. SP1 and 2 have one tank or squad per hex, SP3 has a platoon per hex. Being a modern nut, I have SP2. (I also love those mid '80s scenarios, Cheiftans vs T-80... '120mm Sabot vs T80 front.. Clang!'