Sandbagging Shermans?

I just read "The View From The Turret" by Folkestad. He stated that during the battle for the hedgerows many Sherman crews took to adding sandbags to the front glacis of their tanks. In fact, maintanence crews actually welded brackets to hold them. Is there any chance of this being incorporated in CM at some later date?

Allan

Hi Allan,

As Lanzfeld mentioned above, there have been at least 1 or 2 very large, and quite detailed, discussions on this in the past. It will not be incorporated into the game as I recall. If you want more info do a search on sand, sandbag, sandbags, and similar terms and I'm sure you'll find it.

Mikester out.

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 06-03-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lanzfeld:

Please use the SEARCH feature.

Already talked about it. Also see "W+".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(Sarcasm on)

Thanks for your well thought out but short reply.

(sarcasm off)

I did use the search but the thread was almost a year old (7-4-99). I was just wondering if anything has changed since then....geesh.

Allan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikester:

Hi Allan,

As Lanzfeld mentioned above, there have been at least 1 or 2 very large, and quite detailed, discussions on this in the past. It will not be incorporated into the game as I recall. If you want more info do a search on sand, sandbag, sandbags, and similar terms and I'm sure you'll find it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Mikester. I searched already but the thread I got was almost a year old. I was just wondering if anything has changed.

Allan

Thanks, Mikester. I searched already but the thread I got was almost a year old. I was just wondering if anything has changed.

A year? Oh dear, I remember reading that thread when it was first posted. I hadn't registered at the time, though. Have I really been following this forum for almost a year now?

- Tommi

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tss:

A year? Oh dear, I remember reading that thread when it was first posted. I hadn't registered at the time, though. Have I really been following this forum for almost a year now?

- Tommi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sort of hard to believe isn't it? I mean a wargame that hasn't even been released has generated over 53,000 posts, is amazing. After over a year of waiting, CM should be in our hot little hands VERY soon.

Allan