JACKPOT in Denver :D

Like my buddy here in Denver, my copy has also arrived.

Got scared when I drove into the driveway though. First thing I saw was the poster tube rubber banded to the door (egad, did I only get a poster?). Unfortunately, both edges of the poster are crumpled slightly. No big deal I guess just as long as the game got here.

Next thing was FedEx had left a slip on the door since I wasn't home. (egad, did they really ship FedEx and I missed it?) This was work related crap though, not the game.

Next thing was there was a new phone book on the front porch. (egad, did they really ship the thing in a phone book?)

Went out to mail box and low and behold there was the priority mail pouch with game in it which was quickly torn open just to confirm.

Gotta run. Just need to finish loading game and patch and I'm into playing.

Only thing that sucks is that I have to go to my last session of my grad class I'm currently taking tonight. Hopefully we get out early.

Mikester out.

Great for you Mikester. When I got home the wife already had the mail. She said "You didn't get your Combat Whatever". frown.gif Just my luck. Better be tomorrow for the rest of us in Colorado.

Rob W

[This message has been edited by DD_Rob (edited 06-19-2000).]

Bummer Rob. Hope yours does come tomorrow. Just got done running the intro movie where I could now see it for the first time in all its color and glory. God does it look beautiful. The detail that's in there even though the movie is just flying by is awesome.

After playing wargames for 21+ years now I've finally reached wargaming Nirvana. biggrin.gif

Mikester out.

Congrats to recieving the game. I was just amazed that there were a lot of people from Colorado making themselves heard. I thought that i had paid attention to the board, but obviously not. I lived in Colorado for a year. In Gunnison to be more precise, up in the mountains where the hippies and hillbillies roam free. Have fun with the game, I will have to wait for another week until it gets to the UK.

Mattias

Hey Dr. A,

Pretty nice area over there in Gunnison. Been awhile since I've been over there, but nice change of pace vs. the hectic hustle and bustle of being here in Denver. We'll have to play a game once you get your copy.

Mike D

aka Mikester

Hey Shep,

I'm in HR too out in Westridge off of Wildcat Reserve Parkway. My buddy is up in Littleton, just off of Broadway. What part of HR are you in? We'll have to get a game going at some point.

Talk to you later.

Mike D

aka Mikester

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikester:

Hey Dr. A,

Pretty nice area over there in Gunnison. Been awhile since I've been over there, but nice change of pace vs. the hectic hustle and bustle of being here in Denver. We'll have to play a game once you get your copy.

Mike D

aka Mikester<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be delighted to play against you as soon as I get my copy. I just hope that the package do not get lost on the way, when I lived in Gunnison I sent a post card to Sweden that took ... some 8 months to arrive :) I just hope that the postal service has improved their service since '94.

Gunnison was a wierd experience for me. I am a city kid who loves the concrete and asphalt. And during 1 year I was living in the mountains with the cowboys and hippies. But I loved Denver. It is a wonderful city. I especially love Wax Trax, and they seemed to love me as I spended some $200 within half an hour.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings .. enjoy the game

Mattias

Mikester,

I'm just south of the Parkway, about midway between Broadway and University. Sounds like we're not but 3-4 miles apart. This is the life ain't it?

I've sent you an email with my name and phone number.

Mark

Hey OGSF,

Good to see another comrade from Colorado. I'd like to start another game right now, but my dance card is getting kind of full at the moment. Unfortunately, much of my time has to be devoted to school and in this case, getting ready for my next class that starts in early July. Got a ton of reading to do.

Tell you what though, my buddy Joe down here in Littleton would probably be up for another email game right now. Send him an email at mighty@attglobal.net and ask if he's willing and tell him I sent you his way. My guess is the answer will be yes. If I talk to him later today I'll give him a heads up you'll be contacting him.

Have a good one and I'll take a raincheck on the PBEM game for now. Let you know when I'm not so busy and have more time.

Mike D

aka Mikester

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 06-22-2000).]