Hey!!! Steve And Charles, get to work on CM2!!!!

Guest Rommel22

Guest Rommel22

Get to work you slackers!!!

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

The last thing we want is a rushed sequel. BTS knows how to take its time and make sure the games it makes are good. I respect them for this.

Don't worry, they'll be using pretty much the same codes and engine that used for CM and thay know what mistakes they made. I doubt they will try to boost graphic quality, anyway, because nobody really cares as long as the game is realistic.

I like to compare the situation to the CC titles. Remember when CC1 came out? It was OK, but when CC2 came out it was a helluva lot better because Atomic learned from its mistakes and took its time to make an enjoyable sequel. So compare CC1 to CC2 and thats about the change you'll get for CM2 (proportionately, of course). These are just my opinions, though.

After the TC/IP patch is out, I am hoping that they start on CM II.

new OOBs

new weather conditions

new terrain (mud, piles of rubble)

Partially destroyed buildings

new building fighting

sniper teams

trenches

anti-tank ditches

rail cars as cover

destroyed vehicles available in editor

sewer movement

four-story buildings

men on the roof

human waves

russian confusion if the CO is eliminated

penal troops

mine dogs

hand placed anti-tank charges

commissars

75% and 100% fanaticism

unarmed troops

partisans

NKVD blocking detachments

new river rules

bridge building operations

bigger maps

group moves for vehicles

computer vs. computer

replay entire battles

and a partridge in a pear tree

------------------

"Rinky dinky stinky thinky"

[This message has been edited by Chris Jenkins (edited 08-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Chris Jenkins (edited 08-20-2000).]

Guest Rommel22

Well, BTS, let us now when you start on CM2.

How hard is the reasearch on East Front.

there are hundreds of books. not to mention hundreds of sites on so on. And you have some people here on the board with tons of info.

They did a great job on CM, i am sure they will do even a better job on CM2 and so on.

maybe they should hire more people to get the thing moving. like, there are very noligeble people in here.

I definetly want the nkvd and commisars. Those blocking squad where present and are historic so, include them.

Well, Steve and Charles, get your lazy asses to work.

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

Geez.. people lighten up,or start sticking coal in your ass so we can all get rich with the ensuing flood of diamonds.. some of you people really need to relax and stop yelling at people all the time for suggestions or just jokes.. the attitude of the board really has declined since the game's release..

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

Well, BTS, let us now when you start on CM2.

How hard is the reasearch on East Front.

there are hundreds of books. not to mention hundreds of sites on so on. And you have some people here on the board with tons of info.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theirs a loaded question smile.gif. Their may be hundreds of books on the EF, but the chore is finding accurate ones, to date most are innacurate; we have very good general ground breaking overviews and operational coverage from Glantz, House, Zaloga, Dunn etc. As well as OOB work of Goff, Sharp, and a few others, some good tech data on AFVs weapons etc.

But most of the waregameing scenerio details are dependant on generaly German accounts due to the lack of Russian material. The German accounts have their own problems with innacurate Soviet Division ID's etc.

We now have several translated Soviet declassed staff studies on operations, Ie, Kursk (3 studies alone), Petsamo - Kirkenes, Korsun - Shevchenkovskii, and a few others yet these are also hampered by Soviet errors on German Divs faced, equiptment employed and so on.

The hardest research concerning the Soviet aspect is small unit actions as CM depicts, because of the lack of material concerning engagements down to Co Plt size, Soviet studies covered operations with little detail below divisional level, most of the material dealing with Regt, Bn level is personel memoirs and rare CW biased Div histories which have not been translated or published in the West.

Of course this is from a purists perspective their is ample German force related works to cover many actions, just not that much in the way of what could be termed fully researched accurate in their design, as the data is very dependant on 1 sides documentation.

Regards, John Waters

--------

"Make way evil, I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!"

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 08-20-2000).]

Guest MantaRay

I would imagine that they have quite a bit of knowledge on the Eastern Front as is, but I am also sure they have quite a few books and ideas on what they need and are going to do.

I also am sure that they will not rush it nor release it until they have all of the facts down and all of the code complete. Besides, I hope they take some time goofing off with their families, so they will have "less" problems on the "homefront" so they can complete the "eastfront" biggrin.gif

And if they get burned out, we will never get it. Besides....Steve is out playing with the new T-34 anyway. smile.gif

Ray

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hardcore Gamers Daily