POTDs, MODS, and errr ummm LOBS? ahhh JOBS?!? no, errr FOBS? err CMHQ Update!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Ok, well you can come up with a better ryme then!

We got info on MDMP-1, sneak peak of MDMP-2 and a great Small Unit Infantry Tactics in COmbat Mission article written CHristoper Hall. Chris's great work will serve you well in all the glorious battles and operations soon to be waged by you once CM arrives at your doorstep.

Also have a lot of info about some new features soon to come to CMHQ so check it out!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest Scott Clinton

The mods you are doing really do look great.

How much time does each one take...just an idea so I can picture exactly how INSANE you really are! biggrin.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest KwazyDog

Scott, the vehicles textures can take anywhere between 5-10 hrs if we have good material to work from (like we did with a good portion of the models we had for the vehicles in game) up to probably 25-30 if we have no models to work from at all and have to make them from scratch (the priest and sexton are good examples of this when you reviece the final copy of CM). On top of this the models probably take between 5-10 hrs to build too for that matter, though those of course are all already in the game, hehe. I had pretty good sources to use for the base of the JagdPanther and Stug, and Id guess Ive spent about 10hrs on the JP and maybe 6 thus far on the later wink.gif

Oh, and the Stug matt took pictures of has a long way to go yet, and is no where near final smile.gif I have to yet tweak the tectures and remove the markings, and I am hoping to zimmit her and maybe even add camo, thought Im still researching that.

Actually, if any of you guys out there have any good photos or drawings of 44-45 stugs you could scan me up, it would really help smile.gif Colour is always best because getting the right colouring is the biggest problem, but any good quality ones showing camo markings would also be great too. Thanks guys smile.gif

I know the question's been asked before, but I wondered if you've made any progress on making Mac versions of the mods available? I seem to recall that Madmatt said something to the effect that you're going to try. Any luck?

Guest KwazyDog

Indeed we want to buckeye and are looking into it, but the bottom line is neither matt nor I have a mac so we actually cant do the conversions.

What we really need to someone to put their hand up and offer to give it a go for us smile.gif

Any takers? smile.gif

Guest Scott Clinton

Yep, thats what I figured.

(pssst! Somebody get the straitjackets!)

wink.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

My friends! I raise my pint in your general direction. That stug is truly immaculate! Mad-Dog, you are a scholar and a gentleman. I you leave it up to you decide which is which!

Cheers!

maus

------------------

V

ozo

------------------

The who with the what now? ......Where's my medication?!

Guest Madmatt

Please don't forget Bil Hardenberger as he is a Mad-Dog member too (and perhaps the wiser for not adding his name to the moniker although we did toy with Hard Mad-Dog and Mad Hard-Dog and Dog-Hard Matt! eek.gif )...

You will be seeing more of Bil's work in the weeks to come, as soon as the lazy bum gets back from vacation! biggrin.gif

Madmatt...

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-16-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

I use Photoshop 5.5, PaintShopPro 6 and ACDsee as my core tools.

Dan uses at least PS as well and IIRC 3D Studio Max for the models (hint hint!).

I think Bil just uses raw grit and knowhow to FORCE the pixles into the correct configuaration and colors directly on the screen!

Madmatt...

For the record, the modified sounds (they are kinda hard to SHOW) were mixed/re-mixed/re-mixed again with SoundForge and CoolEdit 2000...

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex