What's With This Hamster Infatuation?

Hello Col. Deadmarsh,

for more enlightenment on the strange things and threads that happened on this BBS, go to my page, click on Weird Threads then on the Thread of the refreshing monkeys, the only thread that crashed the server. It is from the night the gold demo was released and AFAIK my fragment is the only existing copy. Pages 1-4 seem to be lost forever though...

------------------

visit lindan.panzershark.com

member of the Combat Mission webring

Kitty's pic

shermsquid.jpg

is obviously a fake. The squid seems alright, but the tank is an M4A3E8 which is obviously not August 1944.

as for the origin of the hamster/elderberry thing, read the BTS board guidelines:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/Ultimate.cgi?action=agree

see under point 4.

------------------

"Say i think u all need to chill out." (GAZ_NZ)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grognerd_Fogman:

Actually the reason most of us "in the know" partake on Hamster dribble is due to the fact there were real top secret Hamster troops utilized in WWII on underground missions (through camo'd habitrail tubes) for the Reich. I could tell you of many, many operations they undertook but I swore to my great great German grandmother that I would never tell a soul. Just suffice it to say that if Hitler had not buggered up some of their greatest battle plans (among other things), the Axis probably, in my best estimate, would have altered the course of the war. If left alone to their devices, the current world would probably be speaking in rodent tongues an munching on cabbage. O well...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this statement along the same lines as what Hitler allegedly did to goats....and then paid the ultimate price!

Regards

Jim R.

Guest Big Time Software

As someone who has been on this BBS longer, and more consistantly than anybody else, I for one can not pin down the exact origin of the hamster thing. I suspect it was a combo of things, including the agreement use of the famous Holy Grail quote. Now it "just is" smile.gif

Steve

In the belief that blame should be placed at the right place I submit the following post: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/000876.html

the first occurence of the word Hamster on this BBS according to the search engine. After this person has been eliminated we can go after the person who mentioned gerbils.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

Kitty's pic

is obviously a fake. The squid seems alright, but the tank is an M4A3E8 which is obviously not August 1944.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it might be fake but not due to anything I may have done! This picture was posted undoctored straight from the Imperial War Museum. =|

Kitty =^..^=