Bug Reports... where to send

Guest grunto

Guest grunto

Hi,

Where do we send bug reports? If you load the hotkey menu and the next thing you do is hit alt-q to quit, the exit dialog and hotkey menu "bleed into" each other.

FWIW

Andy

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Well, why would you do that anyway?? confused.gif

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-11-2000).]

Well, post them here and they'll get read. Along those lines, here's one:

I'm playing on a PowerMac G4 with OS 8.6 (everything fully up-to-date). While playing Valley of Trouble as Allies,

**possible minor spoiler**

I can't always give orders to all my tanks - this has only happened after the reinforcements show up, unfortunately I can't really experiment more until I finish my current blind PBEM. What happens is, I will select a tank and attempt to issue orders, via hotkey, spacebar, or click-and-hold. My system alert sound plays, and I can't issue the order. It's fairly consistent, though not always - I'll play a turn several times being unable to order the same tank (no matter what I do, I've spent literally an hour trying) then, after several quit and restarts, I can order that one - but not another one.

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

Guest Big Time Software

Andy, we'll look into it.

Scott, are you using Group Orders by chance? If so, what you described happens when an element of the group can't move to the designated spot. Try one unit at a time in these cases.

Steve

Having the same problem except I've tried lots of times and it never works. It just won't let me give orders to one of my vehicles.

------------------

"Guys the editor is HELLA COOL and you can make it sing like a 2 dollar whore errr never mind that reference..."

-Madmatt

My website!

Guest Pham

Ok, minor bug,

With a 450Mhz PC, 128MB Ram, ATI Xpert2000(Rage 128 chipset), Soundblaster 16, W98:

If at any time during the game I accidentally hit the escape key, the game switches to the desktop like it should but when I try to go back to it the game freezes before redrawing any of the graphics(just get a black screen), and gives me a total system lockup that requires a cold boot to fix.

Is there any chance that you could stick an option to disable task switching(or just disable the escape key) in a patch once the final's out?

Guest Madmatt

In regards to Colins bug (umm that doesnt sound quite right) I had him send me his autosave file. I played the movie and then got to the orders phase like he did. The difference was that I WAS able to issue orders but Colin (who is on a Mac) can not for somem reason.

Just adding my two pence...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Both now proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

I have a comparable system to that stated above, the only difference is that I have an ATi All in Wonder 128 16meg card, and hitting the ESC key from inside the game (in order to minimise it) causes a total system lockup.

If you wish a full DX report and system specs just ask.

von Manstein

No, I wasn't. Also, is there any particular reason waypoints aren't allowed with group move? (not a complaint, just wondering what the reason was)

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

Guest Charles

Pham, instead of using the escape key, try using ALT-TAB to minimize CM. See if that helps.

------------------

Not THE Charles from BTS

In the beta demo, the number pad (with num lock on of course) allow me to change the camera heights. Now, in the Gold demo, seems like this is all camera controls which duplicates the < > [ } etc. Was this on purpose?

Thanks for a wonderful game. I played the valley scenario a long long time. I am a certifiable CM addict.

Thanks

TeAcH

Guest Big Time Software

TeAcH, that functionality is now tagged to the regular number keys above the letters. The Number Pad is exclusively for camera motion. That was a huge request made by Beta Demo folks smile.gif

Scott, OK will pass it on to The Man. Waypoints for Group Move would have required a major coding effort to support. We felt it wasn't worth the time at this point.

Steve