Captured, Immobilized HMGs

I recently captured an HMG team that had been reduced to 1 man. As usual with 1-man HMG teams, the unit was immobilized. However, it remained so after I captured it. This struck me as a bit strange, considering I was not allowing him to carry his heavy weapon any longer smile.gif

OTOH, maybe he knows the position of the unit that captured him is about to get shelled, and he doesn't want to go over there smile.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

[This message has been edited by Bullethead (edited 08-04-2000).]

Lanzfeld -

First off, I think all vehicle drivers in CM are complete pansies and will abandon their vehicles if the enemy so much as waves at them.

I'm not sure whether an abandoned vehicle needs to be unserviceable, or whether the crew simply decide it's not the best place to be anymore. However, if a jeep were immobilised by rifle fire, the chances are it's in clear view of the enemy, and anyone firing a .50 cal from it is going to have a very short life expectancy.

.50 cal jeeps, I think, should be kept well away from the enemy and provide covering fire. Trucks should never even be seen by the enemy.

David

David Aitken said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I captured an HMG42 yesterday, and I was interested to see that although he was down to one man, he wasn't immobile. What version of the game are you using?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1.03. And the dude's info window says he's immobile.

Lanzfeld said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>when I lose a Jeep w/50 cal to light rifle fire and the 50 cal is abandoned. I understand that the jeep is toast......but the weapon should be fine MOST of the time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How are they going to take the big ol' Ma Deuce with them when they bail?

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

He's probably scared and heard stories about you from your opponentes..

(Hehehehehe)

Or he is scared that some HE will be raining where he isn't.

Seriously,It does look like a bug so I am just messing with you..

(Is that the sound of 120's falling?????)

*One Half of the Command Team of Kampfgruppe Shagnasty*

wink.gif

------------------

-Rookie

Cactus Air Force Homepage

Rookie said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>He's probably scared and heard stories about you from your opponentes..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All stories regarding my INTENTIONAL use of prisoners as mine detectors are untrue. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Or he is scared that some HE will be raining where he isn't. (Is that the sound of 120's falling?????)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's my guess. But I'd think he'd not be sitting in the road by that wrecked halftrack if any were really coming smile.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>One Half of the Command Team of Kampfgruppe Shagnasty*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering that your half especially of the KG in question has been shagged most nastily, I think the name fits well wink.gif.

------------------

-Bullethead