BTS: Ambush Issues

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :USERNAME::

Well pardon me if I interject that the issues that I raised were not discussed.

I want to know if using infantry units to mark ambush sites and then gamily using an tank/sp to glom on to them OK?

Thanks Pham. And please refrain from calling me insane.

Lewis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop being insane then.

And, your issue was answered, just not directly. If a tank plots a point to ambush, and an in-command squad is directed to ambush it, it can be assumed that the directions of where the ambush is to take place would have been relayed by radio(Tank to HQ, then to squad).

At any rate, it's not my fault that you post a question and then get into a pissing match that distracts people from that same question.

Well let me thank you again but I was hoping for BTS to address the issue. Is that OK with you?

Lewis

PS "At any rate, it's not my fault that you post a question and then get into a pissing match that distracts people from that same question."

SC and I were taking care of some old business. It didnt effect you and I am quite disturbed by your alpha dog mentality towards this board. And maybe we can just leave it at that. Or is that insane and you need to comment on that also?

[This message has been edited by :USERNAME: (edited 09-22-2000).]

Well let me thank you again but I was hoping for BTS to address the issue. Is that OK with you?

Lewis

PS "At any rate, it's not my fault that you post a question and then get into a pissing match that distracts people from that same question."

SC and I were taking care of some old business. It didnt effect you and I am quite disturbed by your alpha dog mentality towards this board. And maybe we can just leave it at that. Or is that insane and you need to comment on that also?

[This message has been edited by :USERNAME: (edited 09-22-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you can have the last word Lewis. I'm ok with that.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CavScout:

I'd like to see an option in AMBUSH like AMBUSH ARMOR or AMBUSH INFANTRY. I'd like a little more control over what they fire at.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If its infantry putting down an ambush, I would like to see them do something like hold their fire against armor till the armor was in range of whatever AT weapons they have. The armor crossing the ambush would trigger a tracking function by the infantry and then once in range of fausts, grenades, whatever they fire.

Lewis

If its infantry putting down an ambush, I would like to see them do something like hold their fire against armor till the armor was in range of whatever AT weapons they have. The armor crossing the ambush would trigger a tracking function by the infantry and then once in range of fausts, grenades, whatever they fire.

Lewis

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something like that. For example I just finsihed a PBE< game and had set-up an ambush against some German HTs. Unfortuantly, two HQ infantry units lead the way and triggered my ambushes and made it very difficult to slow that advance.

It be nice to have more options than just "ambush" the first thing that comes along this spot. :)

Cav

Guest Big Time Software

Uhm... I think I can leave this one open for now? Well... I'll try at least wink.gif

Pham, the answer is that the C&C range simulates the effective radius runners, hand singals, shouting, etc. can work. Obviously this is an abstraction since, given enough time and propper cover, a Platoon HQ could communicate (slowly) with a squad anywhere on the map. But the range is there to simulate effective, on the move, communication abilities.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Lewis, if I understand you correctly... are you asking why it is that an AT gun, out of C&C, can target an infantry created Ambush marker? If so, the answer is... there is no point in preventing this. The AT gun can put down its own Ambush marker in the same exact spot, which means it accomplishes the same exact thing as if it targeted the infantry Ambush marker.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Lewis, if I understand you correctly... are you asking why it is that an AT gun, out of C&C, can target an infantry created Ambush marker? If so, the answer is... there is no point in preventing this. The AT gun can put down its own Ambush marker in the same exact spot, which means it accomplishes the same exact thing as if it targeted the infantry Ambush marker.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Steve

No. I am saying that a infantry HQ can put down a ambush marker far out of range of a tank, I just did it in Singling, so that the tank can target an ambush marker BEYOND 300 meters.

Is this by design or serendipity or what?

Lewis

Steve said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>are you asking why it is that an AT gun, out of C&C, can target an infantry created Ambush marker? If so, the answer is... there is no point in preventing this. The AT gun can put down its own Ambush marker in the same exact spot<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My question is the other way around. Why can a squad target an ambush marker created by an AT weapon instead of the squad's HQ?

------------------

-Bullethead

Visit the brand new Raider Operations message board at www.delphi.com/raiderops

Main site www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bullethead:

Steve said:

My question is the other way around. Why can a squad target an ambush marker created by an AT weapon instead of the squad's HQ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My answer would be that the infantry is supporting the AT weapon's ambush. At least, that's the way I rationalize it to myself.

2LT: O.K. guys, you need to keep an eye on that AT gun over there. Don't fire unless they do, since we don't want to give away their position.

BTW, what is the limit for number of ambush markers? Has anyone counted?

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right