Gamespot Review

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sniperscope:

Rookie: Madmatt stated that he would give a 7 rating for sound.......

I have the blind fold on, I am against the wall...please feel free to shoot me.

P.S. I don't smoke

sniperscope<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sniper,

I will not shoot ya. You are enjoying the game too much. I just did not have my Pepsi yet this morning when I read your post.

Its good you don't smoke,More money available to upgrade the computer that way smile.gif

------------------

-Rookie

Cactus Air Force Homepage

Sorry, I go with the ever enthusiastic sniperscope. Not perfect, but definately better than a 7. I understand Madmatt's comment. Yea, the MDMP proves we can have better sounding rifle shots, machineguns, explosions, etc.. But look at the package over all...

We have incredable ambient sounding backgrounds. Damn if the rainfall and thunder almost put me into a trance, its very good. Listen to the volume as you approach speaking, fighting, and tank engines. Add to that having them all being played at once. I'm sorry, its more than just quality of a single sound file, but the sound technology of the engine and how it was pulled off that is also counted in that score, or should be, not just the opening theme song, the background music, or any specific sound effect. Now add to that one item further, the sound technology of CM allows one to substitute their own wav files if they wish to add what they may feel as better quality.

Its all subjective, but I rate it higher than a 7 due to the technology and the customization alone. Not a 10, because Madmatt has already given me improved sound effects, but I would put it at least an 8, or even a 9, for who needs musical rock themes to go with the shooting? Play your stereo.