We need to preserve useful links and citations

In spite of the rivers of fire expended in the flame wars, such topics as optics, 88 penetration and several others have produced a wealth of new information resources, resources which are as perishable as people's memory of them, a major problem once the thread is locked.

I would like to suggest that a place be set up on this site so that we don't lose all the War Office document citations, the many treasures at NTIS on explosives, HE vs. armor, German ordnance, etc. Just today, I read a long list of new items on antitank gun effectiveness in Jochen Peiper's thread on the 88 L/56.

So many people are doing good research, but we're not getting the full benefit of their work, because the results are spread all over this sprawling forum and are not in a central location.

What do the rest of you think?

Regards,

John Kettler

if people list them, i'll collect the links and put them up on a page on my site...

but please list them under a subject:

ie stats:armor, stats: guns, bugs, AI is bad at this. i got a little time on my hand this weekend

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show