Recent prankster

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Well, after one year I finally did it. Just blocked whoever it was that posted the false release note from us. No matter what the motivation behind it, we were not amused. Imitating another member on this BBS can not be tollerated. Someone recently did this to another member and I put out a warning that it was not to happen again.

So whoever did this is as of right now unable to post. If this is someone who posts regularly they can send me an email apologizing I will remove the block.

Steve

[minor, but horrible, grammar corrected. Note to self, don't type and talk on phone at same time smile.gif]

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 01-18-2000).]

I can see why people got a little

upset and the thread was closed

by BTS to avoid confusion.

The post made my heart jump.

Then in a minute I realized it was a joke.

(I hope with nothing else was intended).

I got a chuckle out of it. If it

were posted on April 1 would folks

be as ticked off? The poster must have known

the prank would be squashed quickly.

- Kevin

I think the "jokster" would have avoided some trouble by revealing who he was and that it was a joke a short time after the initial post. Not doing so makes it appear a lot more serious than it might have been intended. Just an opinion.

I could tell it was a fake, 'cuz everyone knows that BTS will ship international orders on a Thursday and US orders on the following Monday.

Us Amis don't deserve to get it two weeks before y'all. Just one week.

tongue.gif

Matt

(who ordered an in-stock music CD from the UK and got it 6 weeks later)

If this is someone who posts regular poster they can send me an email apologizing I will remove the block.

Steve

Man, you guys have alot of class. Allowing him to return shows that you are that much better of a person than most would be, including myself. You should be applauded for your profesionalism, its nice to see that someone can redeem themselves. That post really pissed me off, yet, I have done things in the past that I wish I hadnt so its nice to see forgivness, even though sometimes its easier to stay pissed.

Kudos Steve,

Eric Schroeter

Stuka@jcn1.com

[This message has been edited by von shrad (edited 01-17-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>yet I have done things in the past that I wish I hadnt so its nice to see forgivness.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

aha! - there it is, Von Shard is our phantom poster , and this is his weak apology. Shame on you VS biggrin.gif

Jon

(kidding guys! I'm just kidding!)

------------------

Ubique

I still say get a rope. Maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters. Steve is being way lenient.

kevi [unrelated note]: Are you posting haiku? Or actually blank verse that scans pretty close to iambic pentameter? I see you have a BR at the end of each line and I am still too HTML-deficient to know what that means. Are your posts automatically formatted differently, or are you attempting to find art amid chaos and death?

Originally posted by JonS:

aha! - there it is, Von Shard is our phantom poster , and this is his weak apology. Shame on you VS biggrin.gif

LOL,but you guys have read my posts. Do you really think I could come up with that one on my own.

I know your kidding.

*thumbing through rolodex*

"get me Johnnie Cochran on the phone. Al, pull the Bronco around"

[This message has been edited by von shrad (edited 01-17-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

For an apology to be accepted it has to be one of two things:

1) Presented

2) Groveling

I have a feeling that the post was not made in good humor so I am looking for an apolgy to match the offense. It takes a big person to own up to a big mistake in judgement, so I do give such a person credit and a chance for redemption. That is the right way to go about it.

Steve

Kevi said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I have no idea why my text is formated

so poorly... what gives... I just type into test box provided by the bbs ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't hit ENTER at the edge of the text box, just keep typing text and let it wrap itself around to the next line smile.gif

-Bullethead

Bullethead,

No, No ! Let him keep doing that. In what other forum do you get posts with phrases like "iambic pentameter ?"

Oh, the sublime erudition of the folks on the CM Forum.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

[This message has been edited by TOBRUK (edited 01-18-2000).]

Bullethead: The problem is if you just type your

sentences at length without hitting enter your

spacing will come out all wrong. If you want your

sentences to be neat and of fairly consistent length

then you have to manually hit enter before you type

in enough characters on a given line to hit the right

edge of the box your text will appear in after you've

posted. Kevi, you are posting the right way already. smile.gif

The real trick is figuring out just how many characters

you can type before you hit that right edge and hitting

enter before that happens so that the lines come out

how you want them to. If these dumb boxes we type in

would just exactly match the dimensions of the box

that the text will appear in after we post them,

then none of this would be a problem. But it seems that

every message board I run into has a different

size relationship between these two text boxes (pre-

post and post-post (no pun intended wink.gif ) boxes).

So I end up having to memorize how many characters

I can type on each and every board I frequently

visit so I know when to hit enter to keep my post well

formatted. It's very annoying. *sigh...* 8)

I knew it was fake all along, I have great respect (despite his apologies) for Steve's grammar. 'Combat Mission is complete' or 'Combat Mission has been completed' would have been acceptable. 'Combat Mission is completed' is just poor grammar, Steve is better than that.

kevi: I'm a little disappointed. The unintentional versification gave your posts a wistful quality. You should have said: "This is my art. If you do not understand it, back off, Philistine".

Lee: The Proper format for readability is screen width with margins, left justified, right edge ragged. UBB handles all of this nicely without a second thought, though the Arial font is boring (but universal). The trick is to let the wrap format it for you. Otherwise, the net result is more vertical scrolling for the Reading Public.

The "art" defense was the tack to take... smile.gif

Mark IV: Well every time I have just typed away and

let the message board wrap the lines at will it has

caused some very bad looking lines of text. I like

my paragraphs to be fairly uniform. If you just type

without putting in your own line breaks it looks

more than ragged, you can end up with one line that

is only two thirds or half as long as the line after

it. That looks terrible to me, I like my text to be

neater than that. smile.gif

Yo, guys -- while you stand around and discuss poetry, the enemy among us is quietly sneaking away.

I say BTS should try to determine if the prankster pre-ordered, and if so, move 'em to the bottom of the list so the perpetrator becomes the last pre-ordered person to get it. Now that's poetic justice! tongue.gif

Of course, let's not spend so much time trackin' em down that it affects CM. Where the heck is MadMatt when you need him? biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by sbg2112 (edited 01-18-2000).]