Poll, Is it time to unban Fionn?

With the great announcement from BTS last week, with their doubling in size. I think now would be an ideal time to unban Fionn. This goes back to certain traditions found at Military Institutions. I for one graduated from VMI and when a new Governor or Superintendent was sworn in, amnesty would be granted to all cadets regardless of their offense. So lets reward Fionn for all his hard work on CMBO and on this important occasion, give him back his freedom.

Considering that Madmatt has obtained Godlike powers I'm sure he won't be afraid to give Fionn a good bricking should he step out of line.

After all now that Capt. Manieri is back we will need someone to keep him in check.

Remember He who is without sin cast the first brick...Meeks PUT the brick down and step away...thanks.

Tony

Could you please explain why he was banned in the first place? I'm no newbie, but I don't know.

------------------

My skiff's a twenty dollar boat, and I hope to God she stays afloat. But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown, and pray my body will be found.

-Alaska salmon fishermen's motto

Well, do a search. No, I mean it. Search for certain banned words and when you find a post with his name on it, you have it. Or search users for Fionn, and when you get to his last post or two...

I say leave him banned until he gives me the game he originally challenged me to. Then only unban him if he beats me. Ok, I guess that would mean unban him.

By the way, I would like to see him back here, as long as he is civil. I think he added a lot to the forum. But that is between him, Steve and Charles. I do not think it is a pollable matter.

[This message has been edited by kunzler (edited 09-26-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>By the way, I would like to see him back here, as long as he is civil. I think he added a lot to the forum. But that is between him, Steve and Charles. I do not think it is a pollable matter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with all of this.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Try Hamster or Gerbil or chinchilla or the like. Hang on...if these words were banned there'd never be another posting on this board!

Regards

Jim R.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could only hope wink.gif

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

He has been posting under his own name lately

I could be mistaken but I think he has been unbanned just recently.

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is possible that what you saw were some old threads that were resurrected recently.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

It is possible that what you saw were some old threads that were resurrected recently.

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are correct

sorry I must be mistaken

perhaps I AM confused with old resurected threads. Thanks for the update.

sorry for the confusion

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I think you are correct

sorry I must be mistaken

perhaps I AM confused with old resurected threads. Thanks for the update.

sorry for the confusion

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no. That threw me too when I saw a thread in the main list that had an author of Fionn. It was only after I noticed how weird it was that nobody for the first 5 or 10 messages said anything about the ban that I looked at the date...

Can we ban the ressurection people?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

As long as the cussing stops, I say bring him back! With the great writing he did for his latest AAR, I think he is as deservant as ever.

Cheers!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As deservant as ever isn't a ringing endorsement for someone who once got banned...

But, as was said it's a BTS matter, as a it's thier board they're trying to keep clean.

What I meant was that Fionn is an excellent source of info, tactics, and an inside look at the work behind CM and CM2. Surely he is a very useful part of the community.

As long as he controls himself when he happens upon a post by a non WW2 history major, he should do just fine.

Cheers!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Guest Big Time Software

Correct, this is not a "pollable" issue. Oddly enough, Fionn once started a "poll" thread asking for someone to be banned. The person in question was a real, uhm, unique individual, but was not in violation of anything in our Agreement (we should have something in there about being banned if less than two braincells are functioning effectively... smile.gif). Unfortunately, the polling thread turned very nasty and we almost had to ban several people for fighting over the issue! Before we locked up that thred, we clearly stated in that the issue is for us to decide. The same goes for reinstating someone who was banned.

For the newbies here, Fionn is a highly valued member of the Combat Mission team of core volunteers and is the "other half" of Combat Mission HQ. Unfortunately, he lets his temper get the best of him. By arrangement with us he took a bit of a vacation from this BBS (he was not officially banned) and came back with certain understandings about future behavior. As the thread that Iggi linked to unfortunately shows, this understanding was broken. As a result Fionn was officially banned from this BBS, but not from active collaboration with us.

We know some would like to see him back on this BBS (we would to a degree as well), but others (including us) do not think it would be long before he would be banned again. This is an unfortunate conclusion, but it is one we came to after much thought on the matter. Therefore, things will remain as they are.

I am going to lock this thread up because no good can come from it.

Thanks,

Steve