Is there no winter camo for allied 44 infantry

Guest Shatter50

Guest Shatter50

I started a scenario with US 44 infantry, and their helmets are winter camo but that is all. The rest of their uniforms are normal. If their is a winter uniform mod for the 44 US infantry please let me know where.

I have Dave O'blood & Maximus allied winter camo mod.

[This message has been edited by Shatter50 (edited 12-27-2000).]

Guest Shatter50

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolf^:

This same thing happens to me also. I'd like to hear an answer to this too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok we a question here maybe BTS or maximus can answer this question.

I do have a Maximus winter camo mod and it say something about 44 infantry returning to original.

So maybe a mod maker needsto do a 44 allied infantry winter uniform mod???

If I could find a mod maker with the time to teach me how to do mods I would love to. I do not work( family left me money and house).

I do go to school for 4 hours a day, but that is all. Rest of my time goes to CM and hanging out with friends.

If a mod maker would take some time to explain how mods work I would appreciate it.

Doubt anyone will help but here is my E-mail

Superhorsegt@aol.com

Just a guess. But from a historical perspective there was a strategic decision not to bring up the winter supplies in favor of more fuel, ammo, etc (the belief was we would win the war by then). So these uniforms would not have been available in 1944 in any sort of quantity. And so the mod people modeled this by not giving the 1944 uniforms a winter equivalent.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Guest Shatter50

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Banshee:

Just a guess. But from a historical perspective there was a strategic decision not to bring up the winter supplies in favor of more fuel, ammo, etc (the belief was we would win the war by then). So these uniforms would not have been available in 1944 in any sort of quantity. And so the mod people modeled this by not giving the 1944 uniforms a winter equivalent.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks I had a feeling of something like that. I might have even heard this before but cannot remember.

Any mod maker would like to sort of take me as a pupil I would spend hours a day on new mods.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter50:

I started a scenario with US 44 infantry, and their helmets are winter camo but that is all. The rest of their uniforms are normal. If their is a winter uniform mod for the 44 US infantry please let me know where.

I have Dave O'blood & Maximus allied winter camo mod.

[This message has been edited by Shatter50 (edited 12-27-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's due to (i beleave) the shared sleeve file between '44 infantry and US tankers. you'd have tankers with white sleeves and khaki shirts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Tom:

Actually, many Allied formations did receive uniforms for the winter of 1944. I am currently working on a mod for a British/Commonwealth winter uniform mod.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was checking where I got the info from, it was Bradley who made the decision regarding the delaying of winter supplies. So Monty may have made a different decision giving the British/Commonwealth forces winter camo earlier than the Americans.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

that's due to (i beleave) the shared sleeve file between '44 infantry and US tankers. you'd have tankers with white sleeves and khaki shirts<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think that is why I returned the '44 pattern back to normal. Now that Shadow mentioned it. wink.gif Besides, there really wasn't any snow until Dec. '44 when they switched uniforms anyway.

You guys still using my old version?

Have you got my new v2.1 version featured in a comparison page on Kump's site?

I've got new versions of the UK uniforms as well.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 12-27-2000).]

Guest Shatter50

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Actually, I think that is why I returned the '44 pattern back to normal. Now that Shadow mentioned it. wink.gif Besides, there really wasn't any snow until Dec. '44 when they switched uniforms anyway.

I've got new versions of the UK uniforms as well.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 12-27-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did you do new uniforms I heard nothing of it. I will go check it out I am still using v1.1.

Thanks man keep knocking them out.

Guest Shatter50

(edited 12-27-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey Maximus I went to Kump's site I saw the pictures. The download link says mod is at Combat HQ. The mod is not at the site.

They new pictures look great but where are they. I would love to have them. PLEASE???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Matt hasn't got off his duffle long enough to post them yet. wink.gif He's had them for almost 2 weeks now I think. Bergman's new Stuarts have had precidence, I guess.

Shatter50, gimme an email address and I'll send'em to ya.

If all you lackies don't know yet, you can put in a hotlinked email address by outlining it with UBB code with the 'email' tag. See like this davem@shawneelink.net

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 12-27-2000).]

Guest Shatter50

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Anybody else? I've already sent it to Shatter50. Anybody wanna get a jump on it before it gets posted on CMHQ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Maximus thanks for the mod, looks great and it Shatter not Shatter50 just used this name because I figured there would be another Shatter and have not figured out how to change it.

Thanks for the Mods