CALLING ALL MOD SLUTS....my 2nd mod...Hi-Res Jagdpanzer IV

Guest Madmatt

MakJager is changing around how the files are numbered and named in this newest mod. As soon as he sends me the updated zip files I will be posting them.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Anyone else have problem with these files? I downloaded mod (both versions) from CMHQ and couldn't unpack them, my Aladdin Expander says it is corrupt/unsupported type (well zip certainly is supported).

I even tried downloading file second time.. and third.

------------------

jK.MkIII

Hi jk MkIII , i am dismayed that you cannot open up the zip files. I used DropZip from Aladdin Systems to compress them. I zipped and unzipped the mod files umpteen times to test them before i sent them to CMHQ ,to see if there were any coruptions. I asked Matt to email me if he could not get them to open up properly . Matt never mentioned any problems regarding unzipping.

I will see if i can do anything for you later smile.gif

Måkjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

I'm not sure Gunsmithcat. Have you tried taking some of your mods out to free up some VRAM ?? . MB if you have a lot of mods going your system reverts back to the original CM JgPz when you try to run the new mods. Try just loading the new bmps 3380.bmp to 3387.bmp

Are you using a pc ? What sort of video card have you got ?

email me if you are still having problems.

regards

Måkjager

WHAT??? No offense Makjager but...

CM reverts back to the original textures??? I hardly think so...how could it? The old ones are no longer there if you over-write them.

My guess to all these problems is that they are not putting them into the correct folder, because CM pulls from and only from the BMP folder (on a PC). If the files are anywhere else but there, they won't show up in the game.

But if they don't unzip properly, then that's a different story.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 12-20-2000).]

I think CM can default to the CD-rom images if you overload the video ram of your machine. I think we saw it happen on the mac side, with the gridded grass textures, and some other hi res mods. You can copy the bmp into the correct folder, but it wouldnt display properly, so I think it defaults to the lower res if needed.

then again, could be something else. only BTS could answer for sure.

Odds are, however, that they're in the wrong folder, or not named correctly (for the PC only; MCM3 does it automatically for the mac users).

best,

dave

------------------

History is made at night

Hey Maximus , no offense taken biggrin.gif

Maybe i did not explain clearly what i was meaning to say regarding the bmps and such( i was in a dazed condition from 3 hrs of bashings with my first live CM play )

I have an imac with only 6 Mb of VRAM . I loaded it up with mods , grass , terrian and such. Came the time i wanted to try out a new mod . I used MCM3 to load it into my Data folder. MCM3 confirmed that i had converted to the new mod. I started up a QB to see the said mod.....but it was not there. I stripped out all the mods i was using , reverting back to stock textures.

I then used the mod manager again and this time i had my mod in all its glory.

This lead me to think that the game reverted back to the original texture when i tried to do it first time.

Hence my line of thinking above.

I am not familar with how a pc works so i was just presuming....( silly mistake wink.gif )

It was not my intention to mislead anybody in any way. So i hope this clears it up smile.gif

btw ...thanks for posting the above pix....i WILL get the hang of this confounded pix hosting one day biggrin.gif

Regards

Måkjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage