Small status update on TCP/IP

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

More details later, but for now take heart that turn swapping will be much quicker for TCP/IP games than PBEM. Not sure if this can be retrofitted into PBEM, but if it can it will probably happen for CM2.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, I can't wait and thanks for the reply.

------------------

USGrant

When the game is over, the kings and pawns go in the same box.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

SnakeEyes, Sten and Elvis are correct. For now, anyway. Multi-multi-player is something we would like to do in the future, but it is a rather daunting task at the moment. So short term it is not even being thought about.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Steve for clarifying the multi-player issue. I understand that your team has a full plate with all you're doing. I hope that multi-player TCP/IP will be a reality some day. The idea of teaming with a long distance friend over a CM map is exciting. smile.gif

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

Guest Madmatt

I have been getting a lot of email on this topic lately so I will break my own rules and give it a nice self inflicted *bump* back to the top.

wink.gif

Madmatt

Guest *Captain Foobar*

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If I and an opponent have started a PBEM-game, can we continue it over TCP/IP?

And vice versa: can a game started as TCP/IP be continued via pbem?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been wondering about this myself. I hope this is possible.... or at the very least we need to be able to save a tcp/ip game and come back to it later...