CM-META CAMPAIN

AND ... would it be reasonable to assume (I know, I know ...) that the scenarios will be played double blind in terms of the maps, OOB etc? And while I know that none of our esteemed DM's(is that what we're calling them?) can be bought ... could they perhaps be leased? smile.gif

Joe

------------------

"Son," says I to him, "you're a Dragon. And a Dragon ACTS like a Dragon or he doesn't act at all."

Smrgol, Dragon

I'm not the most in the know about the Meta-Campaign but I can try taking a shot at these...

> So does anyone know the status of how many > of us are playing (#of Vrs #of).

The last I heard, there are about 200 of us.

> whos ass do we need to kiss to get that

> extra art support, esc.

Just like in real WWII - your commanding officer's - you won't know who he is in real life though, just his alias. He might have to do a bit of brown-nosing himself to get them for you from _his_ superiors.

> would it be reasonable to assume (I know, > I know ...) that the scenarios will be

> played double blind in terms of the maps, > OOB etc?

The scenarios will be created on the fly as needed when the GM's decide that the movement of units will bring them into conflict with another. There should be total fog-of-war, and indeed some of the scenarios are likely to be recon missions - just find out what's on the map in that sector and get out.

p.

> So im assuming that we will get a post of > whos on what side- like a order of battle.

> Like (pardon my lack of art skills)

You probably won't get a list of all of the players in the game and a complete OOB - just the ones you would realistically be expected to communicate with and know about.

They're taking fog-of-war pretty seriously.

p.

Guest Madmatt

PeterK is correct. That sort of information will NOT be given out in order to maintain proper FOW. We don't want players finidng out who each other are in real life and then going off-line (and out of character) to co-ordinate actions that would be impossible to do in war conditions.

Such activities will get you banned (IIRC) from then game and I then I would probably post your name on my site with a big X through it and refer to you as a pile of POO too! mad.gif

By the way, ALL CMMC activities (registration and questions etc...) need to be directed to Fionn via email. While I am providing the logistical support (i.e. webspace, maillists and HTML coding) I am myself NOT playing in it! I would love to, but I simply have not the time...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

> I am myself NOT playing in it! I would

> love to, but I simply have not the time...

The prophet of the Church of CM not taking part in the big event? That's a shame! There will be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth at your absence.

Surely there must be some sort of suicide squad like the Dirty Dozen in the OB that you could take control of for some really quick games (ie. carry this message to HQ across that minefield under artillery fire) ???

p.

Matt, let's talk about this apparent obsession of yours with ... "poo". I'm afraid you may not have grasped the finer points of "anal retentive". smile.gif

Joe

------------------

"Son," says I to him, "you're a Dragon. And a Dragon ACTS like a Dragon or he doesn't act at all."

Smrgol, Dragon