Operation Scoring error

RMC

I posted about this on the scenario board and no one responded...sniff...

So here is an ugly picture to show the problem. It is from the Villers Bocage op.

bigwin.jpg

For whatever reason kills are getting counted more than once. I think it might have somefink to do with adding scores from the successive battles of the operation.

This has been pointed out a couple of times, but I don't know that there's been any official response. I've noticed errors in counting the battle results too-- I'll lose one vehicle and it will tell me that 4 were destroyed. It apparently does something similar with skipped night battles, too, but I haven't seen that yet. I have seen it count losses in night battles that were fought but no contact was made.

stop posting such insignificant, irrelevant little details whether you killed 73 or hundred-73 vehicles, get with the program RMC and send me the surrender file dammit!

leave such insignificant details, 100 vehicles more or less, to people like CPT Stransky:

------------------

"Please fix!!! or do somefink" (CPT S.)

I've looked at this, and I can attest to the fact that only this once it is NOT RMC's fault but indeed a bug in the game.

A BUG!!! bug bug bug bug....

yes, a bug. A small statistical bug, and no wonder it was overlooked considering that the detailed after-battle debrief statistic I had always lobbied for was not really considered by the CM crowd nor BTS, there you have it, serves you all right. Now you not only have a debrief statistics screen that is, to phrase it carefully, somewhat on a diet (vehicle being anything from jeep to Königstiger), but its fugged, too.

I proved this by playing an operation in which I as the german defender had three bunkers, two concrete and a wooden one.

They were knocked out in the first battle.

In the debiref of the second batle, the three bunkers again appeared as casualties.

In the third battle, I surrendered to cut this short for the sake of science to enable me to make this post.

End result after third battle: 9 destroyed bunkers.

Only three were ever present on the map.

I am disappointed. Since the after-battle statistics lost all their credibility, it doesn't really make any sense for me to play mutli-battle operations.

In the words of the immortal CPT Stransky,

"Please fix!!! or do somefink"

yours sincerely,

M.Hofbauer

------------------

"Do want a game that works???" (CPT Stransky)

[This message has been edited by M Hofbauer (edited 09-06-2000).]

just bumping this up once more before it's time for this guest to take a break, too. I know this is about numbers and not about eyecandy, still...

It is indeed a sad to see that people are more interested in the n-th graphics mod or speculation about the upcoming CM2 than in the game and it's underlying engine, the statistics etc. at hand. Goes to show that the CM community apparently isn't, at least by now, that much different a crowd than most of the other flashandbang gamers out there. The rest is FNG n-th iteration questions (well I guess they have to be there but they aren't exactly thrilling) and all the crap by people of the likes of JP, GAZ/Stransky, infohawk etc.

Well I'll just hope that besides all the flashy graphics etc. in CM2 there will be an after battle debriefing, bugfree and worth it's name.

Thanks BTS for what IMO is currently the best game around,

yours sincerely,

M.Hofbauer

------------------

"Please fix!!! or do somefink"

Bumbing.

I find this a bit annoying as it takes away from the 'after gloating' when you complete an operation.

Quote from Hofbauer;

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>yes, a bug. A small statistical bug, and no wonder it was overlooked considering that the detailed after-battle debrief statistic I had always lobbied for was not really considered by the CM crowd nor BTS, there you have it, serves you all right. Now you not only have a debrief statistics screen that is, to phrase it carefully, somewhat on a diet (vehicle being anything from jeep to Königstiger), but its fugged, too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second that

Let's hear some other opinions on this.

Grtz S Bakker.

I was thinking maybe between every battle in an operation when the computer 'calculates' the chance of recovered vehicles returning for a battle it wrongly counts vehicles who don't as a new casualty.

Come on guys (and girls),

with all the fluff about on this board nowadays this is a chance to discuss something substantial about the game and no-one cares ?

Tss, bumping again.

It seems clearly to be a bug, which looks like it is counting knocked out vehicles (and perhaps soldier losses) at the end of each battle, regardless of which battle they were caused in. Wrecks from previous battles get counted as losses at the end of each battle.

So, it's important to fix it for the next patch. It'd also be interesting if someone would do a test to determine if the score/victory-level is also getting messed up by this. That is, run a hotseat attrition operation and have one side take expensive losses in the first battle and let them stay on the battlefield. Then have the other side take approximately equal losses in the last battle, and see if the score is hugely slanted against the player whose losses occured first.

At least, BTS should check this and fix what's wrong, since it does rather torpedo an important feature. Perhaps they could add a bit to the stats while they're at it. For instance, giving a loss estimate or at least own casualties level when playing with fog-of-war.

PvK

Yes, I had the same problem too.

In one operation (can't remember the name at the moment) where I played the defender I managed to almost totally wipe out the attacker while losing hardly any ground and with about 10 casualties to my entire fighting infantry force (not counting crews, I was a bit careless with my pillboxes and some of my tanks), and in the end, it was a minor victory with 3x the bunkers/pillboxes that I had initially listed as knocked out, and more tanks that I had lost too. Plus I had infantry casualties in the 200+ range, which is obviously wrong.

My guess is that vehicles (including bunkers and pillboxes) that are knocked out and stay on the map as wrecks count as knocked out every time they are within the current battle map, and their crews count as infantry casualties again.

Dschugaschwili