Board gettin' a little stale?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I think that this game is talked out. Everything imaginable regarding production or questions have been exhausted. The game could be out today, or in another 2 weeks. Discussion of future CM's have also been done to death. Other than historical debates, and quirky events in the Beta Demo, there is not too much to say.

Personally, if it takes another month to come up with a really good version of CM I am willing to wait. Eventually, either tomorrow or in a month you will get the game. Why not spend your money on something spectacular rather than something that is just really great.

Guest Captain Manieri

I know. Everything is just talked out.......except for this topic of everything being talked out! I waged with myself that the games will be done one more week from now. Next Monday. It seems like a pretty sound prediction, don't you think?How much work could be left exactly.....unless I am totally off and software development isn't finished until a month from now........

Here's hoping that, that isn't the case.

I cannot express to everyone the futility that I feel everytime I hear an update and it's still saying.......ain't done yet.

Guest Big Time Software

Ah, this is long over due actually smile.gif We couldn't believe how much there was to talk about the demo. Hell, most RELEASED games don't get even 1/10th the quantity of thoughtful chatter wink.gif

As for the "vote", it was in fact legit. The reason why CM is not released is that we underestimated all the little things that need to be fixed. The inclusion of TCP/IP or not has no bearing on the reason why CM is not out yet. 'bout 100 little things do wink.gif

Steve

Steve:

Are you saying TCP/IP will be included with the game up front? I certainly hope it will, but was I pessimistic about that after the vote whether to delay the release until on-line multiplayer was ready was a resounding "NO".

PBEM is okay, but on-line multiplayer rocks!

Hundminen

[This message has been edited by Hundminen (edited 02-07-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Current plan is to exclude TCP/IP networking for initial release. Otherwise tack on an extra month to whatever delays we would have for all other reasons (i.e. polish).

For those of you that haven't heard about this, do a search and you will likely turn up the answer. The short of it is our quick and dirty plan for x-platform TCP/IP didn't work, so it is back to the drawing board frown.gif It can be done, no questions about it, and will be done, no questions about it, but it will take a decent chunk of time, no questions about it... So the plan is to skip it for initial release and patch probably a week or two after it gets into people's hands (production takes about 3 weeks, so we will be working on nothing but networking in that time!).

Steve

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonS:

ahh, did I miss a turn somewhere?

Multi-player confused.gif That doesn't sound like the CM I know and love...

Jon

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh, quit your cryin'. frown.gif

Steve just said that they'll patch it in a few weeks later. smile.gif

ahem. Steve posted after me. And I wasn't even asking him a question.

I remember the vote, and the result of said vote, very well thank you.

My comment was about MULTIPLAYER. To me that sounds like MORE than 2 players playing a single game.

THAT doesn't sound like the CM I know and love, which was the basis of my comment.

------------------

Ubique

Guest Seimerst

Steve,

Nobody want to install this game on their computer any more than I do. But, you and your team have the right approach-- release it when you are ready to release it. We all can wait just a leeeeetle bit longer. Heck if you want to see frantic fans howling for a release of the game, check out the forum on DiableII <grin> By comparison, we are good little children sitting in neat and orderly rows with our hands raised waiting to be recognized to ask our question. Well, that is stretching it a might but you get the picture.

<returning to the task of cleaning my MP-40 and ammo>

Guest Seimerst

Steve,

Nobody want to install this game on their computer any more than I do. But, you and your team have the right approach-- release it when you are ready to release it. We all can wait just a leeeeetle bit longer. Heck if you want to see frantic fans howling for a release of the game, check out the forum on DiableII <grin> By comparison, we are good little children sitting in neat and orderly rows with our hands raised waiting to be recognized to ask our question. Well, that is stretching it a might but you get the picture.

<returning to the task of cleaning my MP-40 and ammo>

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

As for the "vote", it was in fact legit. The reason why CM is not released is that we underestimated all the little things that need to be fixed. The inclusion of TCP/IP or not has no bearing on the reason why CM is not out yet. 'bout 100 little things do wink.gif

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Steve, in a ballpark figure. Are we talking about a "late February/early March" release?

Or sooner? wink.gif

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

I think the -Cool Points scale should be posted as part of the UBB reply form. I can't remember how many to dock.

Let's just say -10 in case you got away with one somewhere. rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, GEE sorry! Hope I didn't inconvenience you in any way. rolleyes.gif

What's wrong with an approximation with the latest news about excluding TCP/IP in the initial release?