For how long will CM be avialable for?

IDF

Guest Big Time Software

It will stay in production for as long as people want to buy it. And I figure that to be about 4-6 years. Sure, it will get less expensive as time goes on (as it becomes "dated"), but the interest in it will not drop off for a long time. How do we know? We currently sell games that are several years old and while they might not sell gangbusters, they do sell. More importantly, the people buying them are happy to still be able to do so. We like happy people smile.gif

Steve

Steve,

You like happy people?

Well I'm bloody ecstatic at the moment, because CMBO's such a joy to play. biggrin.gif

My worry is that once CM2 arrives in my hot little hands, the extra glee may prove fatal!

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 09-15-2000).]

As an example ... I have been able to keep TacOps more or less continuously on sale since 1994 and I have no plans to drop it in the forseeable future. It has never been a smash hit but it has kept me from having to wear a coat and tie and saying 'Yes Sir' to a twenty something twit with an MBA.

There is a continuing market for well supported game systems that evolve over time to keep up with changes in PC capabiities and with changes in operating systems. Heck I have got some customers who have purchased TacOps four times.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

CM has become a classic...

It has everything a classic should have...AND some more!

And classics never disappear..because people will keep playing and playing.....and playing..until...they pass them to their sons..!(am I being too extreme?)

Well..at least..I am certain that I'll be playing CM until I get CM2. And then keep playing CM2 until CM3 comes out.

So, I guess I'll be playing CM as long as it keeps coming out!

[This message has been edited by JavaMan (edited 09-15-2000).]

If Charles comes up with a Carbonised OpenGL version (for Mac OS X) sometime soon, I'll buy two more copies. And you can hold me to that.

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

>Hey Major have you ever considered doing TacOps in 3D like CM to broaden the audience?

I have considered it but it isn't in line with my long term goals of bigger maps (i.e. more than 30 kilometers across), larger numbers of units in play, and an overall appearance similar to real world paper maps and to evolving real world digital command and control systems.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com