End of Game Results for Campaigns

I like campaigns a lot, because it makes people think about use of resources. One thing that would help RPG use of Combat Mission was a detailed end of game report saved as a text file listing KIA, WIA, MIA, vehicles destroyed, vehicles capable of being returned to service, and a break down of unit conditions. This text file could then be the basis for the next game if that unit reengages. The file should be hackable so a PD can add replacements and such. It would also allow text file based tracking of units.

I should add that CM needs to continue generating revenue for the creators, and a campaigns hack could almost be sold as a "gold" updat or as part of an "advanced" pack. I would not complain one bit.

Steve Jackson

I'm thinking in something very simple:

Unit Type MenOK Casualties Ammo

A-0 BatHQ 7 1 32

generated at the end of every turn in a temporal text file.

With this file is easy to generate reports, lists of units available, casualties in the turn...

I promise an application to do so for Macintosh.

Mostro

Slapdragon,

At last, another who thinks as I do on the suject of Campaigns. The thing that gets me is that it

is enough of an issue that it continues to surface over and over in various threads. This would seem to indicate that it was important to enough people that BTS would consider it for CM2. Alas, I can only hope!

To bring this discussion back up: I don't think that CM is the place to have division level contests, but I think a set of tools with the game engine in the middle that dealt with logistics the way CM deals with ballistics would be nice. The PD could run the application, and ideally it would be server based.