PC Magazines

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask a couple of questions.

1) Will BTS send the finished game to popular games magazines for them to review?

2) Will BTS send the gold demo to popular games magazines for them to distribute on their cover CD's, or will the demo only be available from your website?

I have a very poor internet connection rate and i tried to download the demo, but at 0.6kb/sec i faced an estimated 4.5 hour download. If the demo will be available from my subscription magazine it would be a great help to me. Thats basically why i asked the above questions.

Keep up the good work Guys,

CDIC

CDIC: Been reading your post with interest. Got a suggestion for you...download the demo while your sleeping. As slow as it may be...it'll be alot faster than any mag...The DEMO is totally worth the time, trouble, Expense(?) of downloading it. When you do...look me up, I'ld love to play you!

All the Best

Mark Ezra

Trabuco Canyon, Ca

My friend showed me a little blurb in PC Gamer basically saying that next month they were going to Review The CM Beta demo. (they have some war-gaming editor who aparently has been keeping an eye on it)...

Usually I don't touch that mag. with a ten foot pole, but I might just need to see this...

If anyone is interested I can see about posting the actuall text of the blurb

-EridanMan

Guest GriffinCheng

CDIC,

Send us your postal address and I will burn you a CDR with the "gold" demo when it comes out. CDR is cheap in Hong Kong and I am sending it to you for free.

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng (edited 01-05-2000).]

Hey you guys,

I appreciate your generous offers to help with the demo, thanks for all your kind advice and offers.

GriffinCheng - Geographicaly you are closest to me, and if it is not too much trouble i would love to take up your offer - i have colleagues in HK who could collect for me to save you the postage. Please e-mail me for more details.

Thanks to you all once again.

BTW, anychance BTS will answer my 2 questions? I would still like to know out of interest.

CDIC

I'm quite sure BTS is going to send CM out for review by the major magazines. To do otherwise would be suicide.

As for it being included in coverdisks.. I guess that's up to the magazine. Usually coverdisk inclusion comes when you advertise with the magazine or they think your game will be a huge hit. Not sure how that will affect CM's chances of being included but I will note that there is limited space on cover CDs and lots of big name companies trying to get their games on those coverdisks.

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

[This message has been edited by Fionn (edited 01-05-2000).]

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

i myself have written on behalf of BTS asking why there hasn't been more mentions of CM in their magazine, even the one (what is it? gamespot?) that has the CM beta demo on their website for download, doesn't even review the demo!

Just goes to show you that if its not some fancy first person shooter, those dumbass magazines don't give it the time of day.

Actually I have written a preview of Sudden Strike and, for what it is, it does very well.

Judging it as something closer to Command and Conquer than anything else I must say it is good.

It isn't realistic but it doesn't really claim hard to be. There are the usual bleats that it is realistic but everyone admits fun came before realism.

I call it a "based on reality" game as opposed to a "realistic game".

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers