-> Bunker update ......... toast anyone ? <-

Good job guys. Keep up the good work. BTW, that is one mean pic(burnbabyburn). liquid fire from afar. ouch. I was thinking...I would not take any known flame weilders as POW's. I would execute every one I could. I'm sorry if it isnt right, but, I know I would. I'd probably burn them up!

von shrad says 'only you can prevent people fires'

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von shrad:

.I would not take any known flame weilders as POW's. I would execute every one I could. '<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either in Hasting's 'Overlord' or Reynold's 'Steel Inferno', there is a hort description of Germans taking a Crocodile crew prisoner during a counterattack and shooting them on the spot. The author says something that it was probably because they thought the Crocodile was even beyond the horrors expected in modern warfare, IIRC. Reminds of the discussion in 'Im Westen nichts Neues', where they talk about which way is the best to go, machine-gun bullet or bayonet.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

von shad says 'only you can prevent people fires'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> biggrin.gif

Yep, as I understand it flamethrower teams / vehicles were much hated and feared and considered a primary target. Too such an extend that their infantry (who were normally happy to heve them around) stayed clear of them since they attracted so much enemy fire.

Grtz S Bakker.

------------------

Visit my CM site!

The bunker: http://bunker.panzershark.com

Another proud member of the Panzershark webring. :)