Small QB's <700 points are Great!

Great fun to be had in these skirmishes-of-opportunity. Fast setup and equally fast play. Someone mentioned it in a past thread, but I am a believer now!

Did a 300 pointer last night, with combined arms left on, and AI unit select. Ended up with a Wespe and Track against my kangaroo and vickers! The kangaroo ran circles around the Wespe but could not get it. It was pretty funny.

Needless to say, I lost that one.

------------------

"Two World Wars and One World Cup, do da, do da!"

--British Hooligan, sung to Camptown Races

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

I played a 300pt QB against the AI yesterday and won because the AI didn't purchase any forces for itself! biggrin.gif

Jason<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's totally weird! How do you figure? Did you tell it to buy armor and it didn't have enough points?

Michael

Did a small snowy woods skirmish myself a week ago....

2 platoons of German infantry, a 75mm AT gun, a few 'schreks and LMG's defending against an allied probe.

Was attacked by Canadian infantry (2 reg and 1 engineer plt), a Cromwell, a couple of halftracks, a Bren carrier and an armoured car...

AT gun got 3 light vehicles before Cromwell took him out.... Cromwell then taken out by a panzerschreck at about 100 meters (hit twice actually). Infantry attacking thru trees ran into my infantry and a nasty fight ensued with lots of grenades flying around.

The Canadian recon car approached and was hit by the 'schreck team too. I was then forced to bring 2 unengaged squads in from the flank as my front was collapsing with 2 squads and an LMG badly mauled. These timely re-inforcements held the Canadians causing the battered allied infantry to retreat back into the woods.

Minor Axis victory and alot of fun. I really thought I was sunk with the allied armour cresting a rise in a break in the trees and approaching my infantry. Then the AT team pops up outta their hole and whoosh smile.gif

Reg's

Fen

Michael, I was supposed to give the AI 'Infantry' setting but I may have forgotten to change it and left in on the default 'combined arms'. Even so, at 300 points there are still enough cheap things to purchase that the AI should have purchased SOMETHING.

Jason

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

Michael, I was supposed to give the AI 'Infantry' setting but I may have forgotten to change it and left in on the default 'combined arms'. Even so, at 300 points there are still enough cheap things to purchase that the AI should have purchased SOMETHING.

Jason<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I would think so too. Are you using 1.03? I'm beginning to wonder if the Tweaks haven't brought their in-laws, the Bugs, along with them.

Michael