You guys may get a kick out of this one.

Guest Pillar

I was moving a squad (12 men) on the back of a HellCat at high speed. The hellcat got knocked out by something, presumably a Panzershreck but of course kept rolling. Now here is the funny part: Because the Hellcat was moving so quickly and it was within 100m of the map edge, it rolled right on off the map with all 12 guys!!! What a bummer! smile.gif

An Hellcat doing 85 km/h with 12 (!) guys on it`s back, on a bumpy surface... You were deservedly punished ! smile.gif

Hmmm... What abaut don´t let the armor reach more then 50 km/h, with men on it`s back ?

Would be nice for a patch or CM 2.

PS-and the turret fire arc, that would be afected too, wouldn´t it ?

João

[This message has been edited by Tanaka (edited 09-24-2000).]

Personally I do not think that 50 km/h is too unrealistic of a figure for the speed of a tank with passengers on it. Basically 50 km/h is the same as 30 mp/h, and really, as long as the surface is not too bumpy, I could ride even on a car that was traveling that fast. A tank is much larger than a car too.

Yeah, ya gotta remember breaking distance. In the rain, it'll take a little longer to stop ofcourse. I suppose if it were Winter conditions, one could race over the crest of a hill and slide the thing to the opposite side of map. Might be an idea for a scenario. The Hellcat Slolum. smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

In the next patch BTS should add a parachute for braking at high speed.

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

How about this one? In a recent PBEM schlactfest, one of my opponents had a German flametrack coming down a road that ran diagonally through the positions of a large number of my grunts. I thought he was going to try rolling up my line from that end and I didn't have much to handle the flametrack over there, so I aimed a 6pdr at it from several hundred meters away.

However, my opponent put the pedal to the metal, resulting in the flametrack going full speed down the road when the 6pdr took it out, right in the middle of my grunts. The flametrack exploded spectacularly and careened off the road in a mass of flames. It then proceeded to roll directly over the foxholes of a squad and a 2" mortar before coming to rest with its front wheels in the foxhole of another unit.

Amazingly, none of my overrun troops appeared the worse for wear smile.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

Visit the brand new Raider Operations message board at www.delphi.com/raiderops

Main site www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html

Ghengis wrote: "Basically 50 km/h is the same as 30 mp/h, and really, as long as the surface is not too bumpy, I could ride even on a car that was traveling that fast. A tank is much larger than a car too."

I take you've never ridden on a tracked vehicle before? A tank makes for a much bumpier ride than a car! I have the scars to prove it...

------------------

"The real groundbreaker of CM isn't the 3D modeling, it's the 'holy crap! what the heck was THAT' factor." - Dalem

Cars are not that easy either. I remember riding over the top of the old Sunshine Skyway bridge in Florida on top of a Chevy Mailbu in my callous youth. 55mph seems pretty damn fast when you are 40 meters above the water on a speeding Chevy Malibu in the dead of night. Consuming two pints of Mogen David 20/20 did not aid in making it an enjoyable experience.

[This message has been edited by Slapdragon (edited 09-24-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

A tank makes for a much bumpier ride than a car! I have the scars to prove it...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugly memoirs come to my mind: The first crosscountry ralley in a SPz Marder ( better known as Mk II Sardinenbüchse). Just after lunch and buttoned up, to make it more funnier. It just take five minutes before anyone turned green into his face and a few minutes more to...

Nasty experiance, I can tell you.

[This message has been edited by Schugger (edited 09-25-2000).]