Beleagured forces of Germany move out on CMHQ's Thursday Update....

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Seems the current series of 'road' POTDs have been quite popular so I decided to try and continue the story of the little French tavern that burned and burned and burned! biggrin.gif

We also have turns 16-20 up for the Riesberg AAR between Jason and Robert.

Check it all out!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

As I wrote the AAR, I can say that, no, I haven't had this problem. smile.gif No need to download for me. smile.gif

I can say that the combat starts in earnest during these turns. All hell breaks loose on turn 20 as well as an attack of the super-sniper.

Lotsa dead bodies. Check it out.

Jason

Guest Captain Foobar

Turn 14, of the American AAR, there is this statement:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I’ve decided to disembark the two MGs riding on the other Sherman and position them on the same firing line as the other MMG. This is really gamey and takes advantage of the fact that the beta demo doesn’t track grazing fire or whatever it is called. On the right, I give the Sherman three pause orders so that the MMG can catch up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just can't understand this statement. The advancing squads do not appear to be crossing a field of fire. Can anyone explain this mention of grazing fire?

------------------

fnord

Yes. Absolutely correct. I am sorry I wasn't more clear.

All the MGs are lined up in a row. So the rear MGs are literally firing bullets directly through the units ahead.

Initially, the reason I set it up this way was to make sure that I could get good LOS to the 88. A few meters either way and LOS would be blocked by the trees. At the time (mid-December), I didn't realize that being able to do this was a flaw.

The AAR has about a half dozen examples where Robert and I are still feeling our way through the game system. At the time of the AAR, I had played Riesberg only once.

Jason

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 04-07-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iggi:

When I try to right click to 'save as' an AAR, the 'save as' line is not highlighted. Anybody else have this problem?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where are you seeing this problem at? i just checked through the latest pages and didnt notice this.

Can you click the link normally and does the turn appear in its own window? I know it will look like just random garbage but I was thinking maybe there was a dead link somewhere.

If you can give me more info I can troubleshoot this for you.

Also there are two places that the movies are linked, at the index page and inside the reports themselves, try both pages as maybe one works when the other wont.

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Captain Foobar

OK, thanks for clearing that up, Guachi.

As I remember *grazing fire*, it is a TAC AI tendency to curl up in a ball on the ground, and cry out for your mother, when MG rounds start whistling all around you. I know that I would do that, most likely. smile.gif

Madmatt, left clicking brings up a window full of coded stuff. I tried right clicking with both sources for the films and no luck. The save target as, is not highlighted. I wonder if I screwed up on some window's explorer options somewhere cause it used to work before. Could that be it?

Guest Madmatt

Hmmm, if you can click it and it pops up in a new windows then the link is working as required and the problem must be in IE somewhere. I can't offhand think of any setting that would do that though... Sorry I can't be of more help. What you COULD do is bring up the fullsized window then highlite the whole frame (Cntrl-A) and Cut and paste into a new text file and then save it. That should work too. Also once the new window pops up you should also be able to click on file (up at the top) and do a Save As... From there as well...

Madmatt...

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 04-07-2000).]

Good spot Mattias,

Either Gebirgsjäger-truppen or Jäger-truppen (that's mountain troops or light troops)... not sure if either/or are modelled and how in CM.

Also not sure about the APC's. That's probably a StuG in the fore-ground and maybe two SdKfz 251 in the background. Don't have a super monitor - prehaps somebody with one of those 21"ers can tell us.

Guest Madmatt

James is on the right track, no StuGs though... biggrin.gif

Vehicles were, PzIV and some halftracks as indicated..There might also be a Puma and a Panther but I think they are out of the shot.

Gebirgjaegers are in and they are in that shot. You guys all forgot the Volkstrum units which are also in the picture.

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 04-07-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Also once the new window pops up you should also be able to click on file (up at the top) and do a Save As... From there as well...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes that worked, thanks!

iggi

[This message has been edited by iggi (edited 04-07-2000).]