My first post

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

well after that alert. Hey everyone feel like I know you all so well, I've been lurking here for about a month now. Just got CM 3 weeks ago. I heard about it months ago on wargamer.com when Big Time put the beta out, but CM did not look that great. Then I saw a post, on Gonegold.com on the 1.03 patch fixs and I was very impressed. The combat system sounded very complex. and It was obviously getting more mature. So I got the Demo and fell in love. I like all of the improvements that have been made since the demo(kind of hard to kill infantry) And here is my first question for all of you honorable grognards, How does everyone feel about modifications to other people's maps? I'm not suggesting using someone's else's map and calling it your own, but just adding diffrent units, maybe extending the map edge, thicking up a forest, or changing a dirt road to a paved road. I've modified a few and had lots of fun doing it. Like Hill 505 is a great map(thanks Mitch Taranto) but the Americans have barely any room to manuver to the hill, so I expanded the map north a bit, added small hill for FOs I had a lot of fun with this one. Wild Bill meeting at elsdof was great, thanks. And thanks for Steel Panthers:WAW Still playing that also. Got a friend hooked on CM also. Your welcome Big Time, you will be getting repeat buisness from me. If anyone here ever heads over the the Zone for FighterAce2 or RogueSpear, look for Mr. J.

Guest Germanboy

Welcome to the board Mr.Johnson, if you want to know anything about rodents, Joe's your man. Or maybe Ethan, but he is incapacitated at the moment.

------------------

Andreas

Welcome aboard. IM glad you liked my “Hill 505” map. I intended to give the Allies limited space to maneuver. As this causes the American player to do a frontal attack. As far as changing it, I don’t mind at all. Also I would like to thank BTS for a great Map and battle editor in CM.

------------------

Semper Fi.

If ya want to modify any of mine...go ahead, have fun smile.gif

so far I only have one out..."Tiger Corner"

and BTW...welcome biggrin.gif

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 08-14-2000).]

Oh like I started the "hamster" posts! You're a swine PerminBoy and we all know it.

Anyway ... welcome to the board Mr. Johnson, glad you enjoy this great game as much as we all do. Hope you post frequently.

To answer your question, one of the great things about the game is that you have the editor with which to do ... what you want! I'm still thinking about that Rorkes Drift scenario but BTS refuses to put spears into the editor. biggrin.gif

BTW, ignore Andreas, we all do.

Joe

Both of you! Back to your own thread! Schnell! Links, rechs, links, rechs...

------------------

Lucasta, when to France your man

Returns his fourth time, hating war,

Yet laughs as calmly as he can

And flings an oath, but says no more,

That is not courage, that’s not fear—

Lucasta he’s a Fusilier,

And his pride sends him here.

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

I love you guys. btw my Major is History, but I don't limit myself at all. And since its the commander in chief you has the power, its he/she who gets to change the world. and I really wish I could make the world a better place. So thats why Military history gets most of my attention. I can't wait to post more don't worry. This seems to be the only place in the world all of us can get together and BS.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Both of you! Back to your own thread! Schnell! Links, rechs, links, rechs ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I agree completely, he makes me retch too (BTW you spelled it wrong). And I presume that your reference to "links" is another agreement with my description of Andreas as a swine. Thanks for the support.

Joe

hmmmm. this is my third week of having the game ...well almost three week's i've been doing the the caretan op thier's alotta good some bad....why do my lines get set back when i don't retreat i.e during a night battle....

an why does'nt the allied AI..(i'm playing the germans's) totally bommbard the crossroad's I.E comte de ..um i forgot the rest I would have totally leveled that cross road's...well what i'm trying to say is that the AI should not do reaction bombardment but OFFENSIVE bombardment!

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Oh like I started the "hamster" posts!

I believe that distinction belongs to Captain Foobar.

You're a swine PerminBoy and we all know it.

A far less controversial assertion.

I'm still thinking about that Rorkes Drift scenario but BTS refuses to put spears into the editor.

No problem- give them Stuarts. They haven't the spear's range, nor the resilience of the cowhide shield, but they're fast, and cute in a primitive way. It should even out in the end, though I've never seen a Zulu catch fire like that.

Fionn, just a note of caution. Mr. Johnson is a new guy on the board and may not be as familiar as the rest of us with the previous posts. I think it behooves us to make sure that we use the proper names when discussing historical figures. As you are well aware, it's Oberfuehrer Shutz ... not Shultze. Herr Shultze was, after all, merely in charge of food pellet distribution for Kampfgruppe Shutz.

Just a clarification.

Joe

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

As you are well aware, it's Oberfuehrer Shutz ... not Shultze. Herr Shultze was, after all, merely in charge of food pellet distribution for Kampfgruppe Shutz.

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe Squaw (aka - the clueless Mormonfondler) strikes again. Everybody knows that Feldwebel Schultze (git you schbellng rride) was head of the 1st Treadwheel Maintenance Section and received a battlefield commission after repelling a commando attempt by the 33rd Royal Shrews (aka Princess Diana's Light Overbite PDLO) to sabotage the treadwheels while in harbour east of Verminshausen. Unterjahfuehrer Nager was responsible of rfood pellet distribution and became a famed black-marketeer after the war.

That you still dare to post.

------------------

Andreas

I think the confusion is that there are several Schultzes in Kampfgruppe Shutz. Both Andreas and Joe are correct. It's interesting, though, that neither of you mention Leutnant Sepp Schultze, who singlehandedly captured a pillbox manned by elite British molemandos, after having been wounded twice by attacking owls.

This omission clearly demonstrates your lack of education, intelligence, professional acumen, genetic variety, and moral fiber. For shame.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

I simply cannot believe that the facts of the Shutz scenario have been so distorted by two otherwise competent and keen observers ... well, okay one competent and ... actually, skip that part entirely.

Andreas, read my post again, assuming that you are able to unglue your eyelids after the debaucheries of last night you will note that I said that Shultze was "in charge of" distribution of food pellets. As indeed he was IN HIS ROLE OF Treadwheel Maintenance section head. The individual RESPONSIBLE for the actual distribution (i.e. he who hands out the pellets to the troops... DUH!) was indeed Nager. And that bit about the battlefield promotion is so well known I didn't feel it necessary to mention. You, OTOH, take every opportunity to tout your "knowledge" in an effort to impress those who just don't know any better. It shouldn't be my responsibility to explain the TOE of a Treadwheel Maintenance Section.

Chewbaca, I am amazed and astounded that you would dare to mention the name of Leutnant Sepp Schultze, who was actually "nursing" a wound when the incident took place. Yes, he "captured" the pillbox but only because he was trying to find someone to pull a thorn out of his paw. He thought it was an aid station! And far from being manned by Molemandos, it was crewed by a couple of elderly Volesturm who were busily trying to tunnel their way OUT!

Both of you ... GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, we are all weary of the slapdash reporting and dubious "facts" you both promulgate.

Joe

Oh hell... just when I thought I could recapture some normal sleep I get magazines giving rave reviews for something called CM.

AND, I get a CD with the demo, so no hassle downloading on a 56K modem. I know there is a conspiracy in here somewhere!

NOW, I've been playing the demo, losing sleep, catching up on discussion threads here. I may completely stop playing Shogun Total War, and I'm regretting my advance purchase of Space Empires IV.

Is there any reason not to succumb to this assimilation?

I'm done, I'm toast, my marriage is in dire jeopardy.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Aloid, and I have a gaming problem. It started with Dogfight, lead to Richtofen's War, ran through the classics (Terrible Swift Sword, Atlantic Wall (Crawl), the entire GDW Europa series, and bled into an Apple II+... etc.

I'm soon to be 40, and I recently found myself laughing histerically as I watched the occupants of hill 509 (502?) get the $hit shelled out of them by some 105s. Gawd that was beautiful!!

I assume you all feel my pain!?!?! Heh!

Aloid