That building ATE my unit !

No kidding !

I was playing a Reisberg PBEM game as the yanks and a platoon HQ (D-0) runs into a building (after the first collapsed on them frown.gif ) .... and vanishes ! At the precise moment they should enter the deamonic building.

I had them selected watching the turn movie and they disappear, are de-selected and are out of my 'unit cycle'. Funny thing is i can still see the 'command lines' to it's units trace into the building.

Weird. It was turn 13 though ..... eek.gif

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this an old beta bug ?

Grtz S Bakker.

PS: I swear i heard it burp afterwards ..... I will never thrust a german building again.

[This message has been edited by Bakker@home (edited 04-18-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Did you see any tentacles coming out of the building? Maybe that building is inhabited by a Sarlacc? biggrin.gif (The Dune Sea pit monster in Return of the Jedi)

My guess is that it is a bug. Maybe the HQ unit was killed by a German unit within the building that you weren't aware that was there and the game "forgot" to take away the command & control lines.

But you know, seems like that happened to me once while playing Reisburg too. wink.gif

Well i don't know ......... you could be right though. I had them charge in there because when their former building collapsed on them frown.gif they presented themselfs nice targets out in the open ....

So the building was not recointered by me, nor were they causiosly moving, just running in there head first.

Maybe there could be some guys in there but then the team should be killed the moment they stepped through the front door, all 3 of them !

Maybe some kraut got angry because they didn't wipe their feet ... wink.gif

It just seemed so hilarious ... smile.gif

Grtz S Bakker.

It seems that OBG could be right. (Sorry Ron smile.gif ).

But what a drama!

Picture it;

Lt. Steel sees his 'front squad' pinned in a building on the edge of Reisberg and gets in there to tell them to 'Get Moving!'.

The next minute the krauts start to lob mortars on the building and bring it down crashing !

Now Lt Steel finds himself lying in a pile of rubble with one man of his platoon HQ wounded and the 'front squad' virtually wiped out and totally panicked.

Besides that the krauts are happily spraying that rubble with bullets....

He decides to move out of their fire by running to the adjacent building, and when he opens that front door ......

SURPRISE !

And we never hear from him again ..... (insert tune from the twilight zone here ...)

smile.gif

Grtz S Bakker.

PS: Dschugaschwilli what kind of brutes are in there ? Bastards ! smile.gif

Guest Captain Foobar

Actually guys, that waws the new

***SUPER ADVANCED Fog of War***

The confusion was SO THICK, that you ACTUALLY thought you had that squad!!! smile.gif

Any chance of a Cthulu unit appearing? Some sort of Easter Egg perhaps...?

Which reminds me. Some American visitor to a gaming convention in Ireland had a cuddly Cthulu, who was very popular indeed. Manufactured in the US apparently, anyone know where I can get one?

NTM

Guest Schuggerbaby

I have read some posts a time ago were the same problem was mentioned: Units located in rubble suffer losses without any enemy action. I've experianced the same problem in SP and my PBEM game, but not a whole squat, though.

Also i've heard that this prob only arrises in the current demo version and will be fixed in next game versions.

Schuggerbaby