CMBO & Mad Matts Mods

markl

I am thinking of getting CBBO as well as CMBB but would like to check if the graphics can be upgraded to somewhere near CMBB.

I have seen Mad Mats 2 packages. I downloaded one of them to try in the CMBB demo and it made the scenery more colourful. If it does the same for CMBO it would upgrade the game to CMBB standard.

Has anyone used these upgrades on the game.

I have seen posts regarding the best mods for CMBO. Mad Matts mod guide discusses the best mods to use with the game and he was involved with the game development. Available at combat mission HQ site.

Has anyone tried these?

markl,

The "packs" you're referring to make a great basis for further additions and are simple to use (they even come on a second disc with the CDV version of the game). They look good and the winter camo fired my enthusiasm for tracking down more mods.

However, if you have the time and the technology, CMMOS has superceded them and is the way to go. If you decide to travel this route, I think the results are comparable to CMBB (which will also benefit hugely from the same treatment).

Teddy

Yes, I'm still using the MDMP packs for CMBO, they were the first mods I downloaded. I believe they were originally done by both Matt and Kwazydog when they were both still fans rather than employees, but I could be wrong. I'd also suggest some replacement sky textures too, I like Tiger's sky, available from CMHQ, but others are available.

[ February 10, 2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Firefly ]