No repondez s'il vous plait

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Heres something funny though...

Since everything here in Canadia must be in french and english my towns pool has the following sign:

"Piscine Pool"

Read it all together and you'll get why its funny.

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Der Unbekannte Jäger:

May I kindly ask sir what exactly is a "Babelfish?

Votre mère était un hamster et votre père éperlan des anciennes baies!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out Babelfish.com. It allows you to translate phrases into different languages. For kicks, try translating something from English to French/German/Other and back to English again. It makes it kind of amusing. Or run it from language to language and back again to make it totally unintelligible. This is what PawBroon does before posting in English.

------------------

"Nuts!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

This is what PawBroon does before posting in English.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only I do it with eLingo.com

Croda, quand ton francais vaudra mon anglais tu pourrais venir jouer a qui a la plus grosse sale gamin pretentieux...

(Bloody french accents omitted for you non colonials)

http://www.elingo.com

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 11-16-2000).]

Votre me dire PawBroon, Yanks sont si étrange!

And thanks Croda that babelfish is kinda funny but it makes weird translations from french to english.

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

Je pense que nous pouvons faire notre propre cesspool! Un cesspool français!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Only I do it with eLingo.com

Croda, quand ton francais vaudra mon anglais tu pourrais venir jouer a qui a la plus grosse sale gamin pretentieux...

(Bloody french accents omitted for you non colonials)

http://www.elingo.com

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 11-16-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is how babelfish translates "la plus grosse sale gamin pretentieux..."

the thickest dirty conceited kid

Having not studied French for several years, I'll admit that my French doesn't touch your English, but I'm not too sure what to make of the "thickest dirty conceited kid" comment. I was going to be offended, but I'm too damned confused.

------------------

"Nuts!"

Here is how babelfish translates "la plus grosse, sale gamin pretentieux..."

the thickest, dirty conceited kid

I was going to be offended, but I'm too damned confused.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It shows the limits of non semantic translating Bots...

For me it was quite crystal clear.

I've been doing French for most of my life so it's a bit unfair.

But if I were you, I wouldn't be too offended.

It translates in english as something akin to a pissing contest and you being a brat...

------------------

And NO Bauhaus I didn't say SELF EXPLORATORY.

May I kindly ask sir what exactly is a "Babelfish?

Votre mère était un hamster et votre père éperlan des anciennes baies!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You had to have watched listened to or Read the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy to know this one.

It was out in Book form and then 7 one hour tv episodes and it was available on 3 Lp's 30 minutes each side (for 6 episodes)

ANYWAY.....

the Bablefish was a mystical creature that you slipped into your ear and it would translate ANY language to the one language you understood. So in intergalatic travel it was essential and would save your bacon so you could talk to anyone any where about anything,

and now it is just a bablefish.com web site...

oh well

-tom w

Nous pourrions vraiment gêner certains des gens ici par taunting les en français!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Si vous desirez, passer du temps chez la Cesspool. Il y'en a pliene des betises...

*croak*

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YK2:

See Croda, Maybe now you can appreciate Pawbroons English, he makes so much more sense than when speaking French, don't you think????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a charming and dashing man in both languages. I can see why you adore him so. Now tell him for me, if you would be so sweet, to return our file so that I can wipe my arse with him.

For you two, I like to be a little extra cordial. My family's roots are Scottish, and my mother is hald French. Thus, I have an appreciation for the two of you and try not to berate you as badly as the others.

By the way, did you beat the snot out of Kitty?

------------------

"Nuts!"

Je pense que j'ai besoin d'essayer la chose du PBEM entière si peut-être je sauterai au cesspool.

------------------

By the way, did you beat the snot out of Kitty?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a FRench I have a standing RoE stating that I must have sex with all women if the Pool.

That was handy since the only one was mine already.

But Kitty is something else entirely...

As the Great Cartman said once:

"Dunno what he is doing with its ass but he sure as Hell ain't kicking it!!"

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

You had to have watched listened to or Read the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy to know this one...

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, now where did I leave my towel?

All this Francais has given me a headache. I need a drink. Perhaps a Pangalacticgarbleblaster will set me right...

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

[This message has been edited by Herr Oberst (edited 11-16-2000).]

My family's roots are Scottish, and my mother is half French...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emma and I want to know if maybe we could adopt you?

Or if you are not into adoption maybe you could be our pet Goldfish or somefink?

biggrin.gif

------------------

Nahhhhhhhh that was all those bloody cesspoolers trying to cause a cat fight, I have no quarrel with Kitty,we females have to stick together you know. BTW did I ever tell you that you're such a sweetie? We are thinking of adopting you, any objections?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Emma and I want to know if maybe we could adopt you?

Or if you are not into adoption maybe you could be our pet Goldfish or somefink?

biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emma can adopt me all she wants. She can even adopt me multiple times a day. I'll keep her good company while your chasing down Kitty to make yourself Pimp of the 'Pool!

But sure, adopt away!

------------------

"Nuts!"

PawBroon wrote:

> As a FRench I have a standing RoE stating that I must have sex with all women if the Pool.

Marçel is getting a bit randy these days – I think it's time we had him neutered.

------------------

War is about killing people. You give orders which will help to end the war, not orders which will save your men, because your men will only stop dying when the war is over. – D.A.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YK2:

...BTW did I ever tell you that you're such a sweetie? We are thinking of adopting you, any objections?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*melts* Me? A sweetie? I'm flabergasterized. Next time I'm in Paris we'll all get together and you can teach me that thing the French have dubbed 'French kissing.' I hear it's fun! :P

------------------

"Nuts!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

PawBroon wrote:

> As a FRench I have a standing RoE stating that I must have sex with all women if the Pool.

Marçel is getting a bit randy these days – I think it's time we had him neutered.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know you can be neutered real cheap by a veterinarian...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Der Unbekannte Jäger (edited 11-16-2000).]