TRP and the inf Gun (spoiler alert)

Sorry to beat a dead horse... but this killed me yesterday...

I set my trp on a slope where I new that my opponent was going to attack. It worked, and soon his little men were streaming over it. I smiled, took my 150 infantry gun... and COULDN'T TARGET THE TRP frown.gif... needless to say instead of many dead americans, the americans smashed strait into me weak defences on that side and many dead germans lined the battlefield instead.

Why can't the 150 target the trp? its not like I've moved it or anything... If a mortar can shoot at it, why not the big gun wink.gif

oh, btw... indirect fire for mortars is awsome... if done correctly you can rain fire on anyone in the valley without them having the slightest idea who is shooting at them wink.gif

-EridanMan

Guest Schuggerbaby

Maybe i'm wrong, but i thought the TRP is only for indirekt fire purposes like mortars and offboard artillery and the IG use only direkt fire.

Yes the sIG 15cm is effective against tanks as well. I've taken out a Sherman 105 with a hollow charge shell (shown as one of the 5c). It seems to be a very effective weapon. I just wish it wasn't taken out so quickly.

------------------

Hey I already got blown today, thats more than most people that read these threads!

- Madmatt

My website!

Guest GriffinCheng

I have also tried the sIG as an indirect weapon in my 3rd German play. And yes, I learn that it is not an indirect weapon. However, in my amusement, you can order the sIG to move! It is not on the command menu (it seems to me it is an undocumented "feature"). Select the unit and hit "M" on the keyboard. sIG only moves at a snail pace, roughly 4m per min.

Griffin @ work sneaking into this...

That move command saved my ass in a hotseat game with my friend. I heard an arty spotting round coming in so i started to move it forward to get it out of harms way. I managed to get it just out of the way. Whew!!!

------------------

Hey I already got blown today, thats more than most people that read these threads!

- Madmatt

My website!

That IG gun is a great close range (300m or so) tank killer. The hollow charges totally rip apart shermans. Only problem is once u give away its position it tends to get ripped apart itself. I'm trying to experiment with smoke to cover it just after it fires... but the timing is quite difficult.

want..."bison"....get..vehicle "pack"...

put...treads....on the damn....thing....

Steve!!!!....

------------------

"you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run........"

Guest KwazyDog

Eridani, I think maybe doing an ambush would have better results for what you was attempting to do, as long as the ambush point is in visual range of course.... smile.gif

I think part of the reason the IG gun gets taken out so easily is that people cant resist leaving it on the hill in its excellent firing position up there, hehe. Id try bringing it down a bit...it could only cover less of the valley yes, but less could shoot back at it wink.gif